Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAIV70Judge View Post
    I was way off my Norwalk guess- wow.
    Feel free to correct me- if I remember correctly, in 09 when I was there, weren't the pits dirt, and the spectator stands wooden?
    I could be thinking of somewhere else....

If you are referring to Cordova, they have some concrete pit area, enough for the fast guys at least but yes the majority is gravel sand dirt grass mixture. Since 09 the track has had ALOT done to it new stands are going up now on the spectator side, most if not all of the pit side has been switched to newer aluminum/steel stands already. Its a down home track that most of the racing is the bracket guys with a few big weekends a year. IHRA is bringing alot of money in on more improvements new stands new timing equipment and I believe repaving part or all of the racing surface.

I just hope they dont price the little guy out of having fun with all this improvement. I have seen fuel cars run at the 300mph mark there so the track should be able to handle the unlimited crowd i would think.

Comment

It's going to be almost impossible going to Union Grove from Indy without going through Chicago, it'll be OK though as long as it's not a warm Summer night when the Rival Gangs are out shooting up the town!
      Last edited by Grumpy; April 10, 2015, 06:19 AM.
      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I would like to see Cedar Falls. Much better track than Cordova with a longer shutdown area.

Comment

Just checked Union Grove is IHRA now also, so sanctioning body doesn't matter.

Comment

Cedar falls or earlville will make the last leg 350+ miles back to st louis cordova is 270 to st louis. on the other hand union grove to cordova is only 175

These are all mapquest direct route mileage so hotrods plans could make things different
            Last edited by D_MoriARty; April 10, 2015, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Muncie COULD still play into this on the mileage

Comment

GLD last year. Some impressions.

www.lowlandsXtreme.com --- Facebook: lowlandsXtreme

Comment

Originally posted by RAIV70Judge View Post
                  I was way off my Norwalk guess- wow.
                  Feel free to correct me- if I remember correctly, in 09 when I was there, weren't the pits dirt, and the spectator stands wooden?
                  I could be thinking of somewhere else....
                  Yea you are thinking of the right one. They were have paved some more, and are updating and repairing things around the track all over. Still a down to earth, down home track.

When it gets time I might be able to help you around chicago traffic depending on your checkpoints

Lucan to great Lakes is 250 miles about. So Cordova, Cedar Falls, or Joliet would work. Shorter day, then another long day back to St Louis
                  Last edited by GTPilot88; April 10, 2015, 07:22 AM.
                  Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                    Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                    Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                    Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                      Muncie COULD still play into this on the mileage
                      As in Indiana? That would be cool.
                      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                      DW- 12,16,17
                      "Stay thirsty my friends"
                      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by D_MoriARty View Post

If you are referring to Cordova, they have some concrete pit area, enough for the fast guys at least but yes the majority is gravel sand dirt grass mixture. Since 09 the track has had ALOT done to it new stands are going up now on the spectator side, most if not all of the pit side has been switched to newer aluminum/steel stands already.
                        I was at Cordova around 06, I wasn't sure if I was thinking of Cordova or Union Grove. Thanks.
                        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                        DW- 12,16,17
                        "Stay thirsty my friends"
                        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

DW was in Cordova 3 days of "06 (aka rain week, not Drag Week). Loved the track and people there!!
                          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Indy to Great Lakes looks to be quite a distance when you add in the check points and routes, anyone calculated rough mileage?
                            -Bobby-

Comment

Would be awesome to grab a ferry near Gary and get dropped off in Madison lol
                              Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                              Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                              Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                              Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Originally posted by tsanchez View Post
                                Would be awesome to grab a ferry near Gary and get dropped off in Madison lol
                                Have you been to Gary recently...

Comment

Working...
                                X