• Show
Clear All

• Who Didn't Make It In ?

What is your fall back plan ?
    Standby ?
    Showing up and begging ?

gonna see if I can find an open passenger seat
    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

My second plan is to be a spectator and follow along
      Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
      Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

I emailed the waiting list. I'll be there ready to go either way. i'll beg if I have to. worst case scenario i'll follow along the whole week.
        1980 Turbo T/A - Turbocharged 408ci Pontiac. survived DW 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Comment

Tried getting in yesterday. Kept refreshing the page and never got the link to appear. By the time I looked on here and went to the link, it was sold out. Finally at 11:23 the link appeared on Hot Rods page saying it was sold out. I emailed to be put on the wait list right away so hopefully I'm towards the top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 72buickgs View Post
            Tried getting in yesterday. Kept refreshing the page and never got the link to appear. By the time I looked on here and went to the link, it was sold out. Finally at 11:23 the link appeared on Hot Rods page saying it was sold out. I emailed to be put on the wait list right away so hopefully I'm towards the top of it.
            Hot rod was real lame this year... people werent on a even page to
            sign up... I got in.. but my buddy quick 52 didnt, missing by less than
            a minute...thanks to Squirrel I made it(and my wifes fast typing)

Comment

72buick, same story here. found squirrel's link at about 11:15. too late. finally got the link to pop up on hot rods page about 11:20. think it was 11:29 when I got the email sent to the right email address.

Comment

Originally posted by eligould View Post
                72buick, same story here. found squirrel's link at about 11:15. too late. finally got the link to pop up on hot rods page about 11:20. think it was 11:29 when I got the email sent to the right email address.
                That sucked! Don't know what was wrong with their link but I was pissed. My wife and I were both on our computers 15 plus minutes before it opened and refreshed about every 30 seconds. I hope my request to be put on the wait list went in. Did you get any type of reply back?

Comment

no response from my email. hot rod said they would be sending replies for the wait list tomorrow. i'm pretty anxious to find out how far down the list I am.
                  Last edited by eligould; May 3, 2015, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 72buickgs View Post
                    That sucks! Brenda was just asking if you got in or not this year. I know if I didn't get pre-registered, I'd show up on registration day anyway!
                    Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
                    Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

Yep, didn't get lucky during the 15 min. window either. Fallback plan is the wishlist.......
                      Last edited by LS-4-Speed; May 5, 2015, 03:11 PM.
                      Rick Crawford
                      2009 Pontiac G8 GT
                      www.facebook.com/RickCrawfordRacing

Comment

I got in,,, my buddy didnt.. but we are gonna show with his car and beg!

Comment

I was helping a non-computer-friendly buddy sign up. The link on HR.com did not show up on my computer until 11:05. He made it in, but it was a mild moment of panic when we were not seeing the link.

A major contributor problem IMO was the fact Hot Rod chose to edit the existing "Registration To Go Live at...." post on their page rather than posting an entirely new item to their blog. I think this fooled browsers into re-displaying the old page from your cache long long long after the page had actually been edited.

I initially tried the link Squirrel posted, and after I entered all the first page info and hit "continue" it kicked me back to the main raceit.com page.
                          Last edited by BBR; May 4, 2015, 07:12 AM.
                          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                            A major contributor problem IMO was the fact Hot Rod chose to edit the existing "Registration To Go Live at...." post on their page rather than posting an entirely new item to their blog. I think this fooled browsers into re-displaying the old page from your cache long long long after the page had actually been edited.
                            Agreed. Though Chad was saying there is a cache on the HotRod.com server that should have been cleared as well. While I was restarting my laptop (at 9:04!) we brought up the website on my wife's Ipad that had never loaded HotRod.com before and I still didn't see the link. My IM log shows 9:09am when I messaged someone who had posted they were in for the link and I was typing as fast as I could. Before the computer restart I had my insurance and CC info typed out in Notepad for a cut and paste =P
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Yeah I refreshed and refreshed and at 11:03 I got the link and was in by 11:05. My wife was on my Ipad and it never got the link.
                              1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                              1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Working...
                              X