Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What state of disrepair is your car in..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What state of disrepair is your car in..

List
    narrow dana 60 and install, 4.10 gears from 4.44(amc 20 housing is bent)
    add rear disc brakes
    add front disc brakes
    new converter
    possibly change to turbo 400
    new wheels
    Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
    Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
    Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
    Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

engine is currently a bare block, waiting for machining, and a whole lotta components I still need to order before I can get into assembly. Also a burnt clutch needing to be replaced and retuned. So not much...

Comment

Lots to do still maybe July will be on the road MAYBE.

Waiting on heads to finish engine
      Change rear gears
      Switching from a jerico to g force gf5r
      Two step install
      Finish up the areomotive fuel system

Hope that's it.

Comment

I oughta go thu the trans. And maybe the engine, just to make sure it's all ok. Probably going to swap the gears back to 3.70, the 4.11s will make me go too quick for the safety equipment I have. But the car is running and driving as it is.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Finish with the front end rebuild, all new ball joints tublar upper control arms and adjustable strut rods. Pull the power lock out of the dana and install the spool. and then fix what ever else pops up, there is always something!

Comment

Ready to go right now....I'm sure that will change between now and Sept 13th!
            Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
            Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

Engine is out. Want to rework the fuel system and actually get the transmission and pinion angles set up rather than just have them where they have landed. Change the cam, put the engine back in, check the front wheel bearings and I'll be good to go

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

finish wiring, test new ignition on current motor, build new better motor, install, test(lol), Drag week!

Post drag week
                Remove new motor, install old motor, finish fuel side of EFI and learn how that all works on a less expensive motor, install bigger motor again, DRAG WEEK 2016!

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Finish install of the engine/trans... still have to check the front end
                  alignment... get a double by-pass and heal up.. and get it out to the
                  track to dial it in..... really nothing much... LOL..
                  EDIT
                  I was hoping to have it finished up today but didnt quite get it done.. 1
                  piece of under hood trim and fill the trans and radiator .. then start
                  driving it
                  Last edited by MR P-BODY; May 4, 2015, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Heads and engine still in machine shop, check bearings in front end, wire in new ignition, rewire gear vendor, put miles on car, not really a lot to do

Comment

As of right now it's still all together. even managed a new best on the nitrous a few weeks ago with a soft 60ft. with a dead hook I think it will run 11.49 as is. i'm reluctant to push all the stock junk any harder and expect it to live through another drag week.

the plan is to put the rotator in another block since its still in a wimpy 557 code 400 block. need c-clip eliminator, but I have factory disks so i'm planning a 9". some sfi stuff and a roll bar. already bought the tubing for that. the bone stock th350 is on borrowed time too as well as the driveshaft joints which appear to be 1980 factory units. really could use an oil cooler.... or I could just start over with another car lol. this is a really expensive hobby.

oh, and put the turbo back on of course.
                      Last edited by eligould; May 4, 2015, 11:53 PM.
                      1980 Turbo T/A - Turbocharged 408ci Pontiac. survived DW 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Comment

Second gear became my second neutral yesterday. I guess my junkyard 4L80E decided to live up to the junkyard moniker. Time for a real 4L80E trans!

Comment

Ive been driving mine since I got it running last year the day before dragweek (approx. 3,000 miles so far). I still have quite a laundry list of things to do, suspension set-up, new front brakes(removing drag brakes), new rims and tires, straighten out the interior ie gauges and such, turn the power up and make passes at the track ( went last year with poor suspension set-up).

Mike Reichen

Comment

Get some head gaskets, send the block out to be bored, then rebalance the rotating assembly, reassemble and reinstall the engine.. oh, and plumb the nitrous enrichment system. Not too much, considering..
                            DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                            DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                            DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                            DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Finish hotside piping, make all intercooler piping, rebuild 5.3, rebuild 10 bolt, new transmission, install subframe connectors, build a new cage, install new wiring harness, install stereo lol, relocate rear shocks, tune... Pretty much a complete build.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	11141198_10205486255409148_6961547148720476999_n.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1028744
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	11182138_10205505310245507_7939433350594948869_n.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	1028745

Comment

Working...