• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myself I would like to see a third check point... change the route around
    so its very little X-way... like to see the country side

Comment

Originally posted by Chad's Dad View Post
      I personally think the rules for classes should not be changed at all. The point A to B etc is easy. Tow to track 2. Then drive race car to track 1. Then at end you drive back to 2. Dragweek is David. He will make it right. Have faith.
      By using the cut off to I8 at Buckeye, west of Phoenix, you can get back to Tucson with an extra 1.5 hours. For those headed East it cuts time off that drive too. Not so much for us Cali guys. But then we can play with the transportation to Tucson and then just drive home.
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Oh, just drive the car the whole way. No need for "transportation".

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I can see doing that with the 'old' car. The new one, not so much.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I've started working on the Mustang to get it back on the road with hopes of making it down there. Guess I didn't notice the lack of a loop but I'll follow this thread and see what you guys come up with.
            Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

formal announcement, including rules and preregistration info

My fabulous web page

Comment

Looks like it ends in Fontana on Halloween. Aftermath party might be cool.

Comment

Registration starts in a few minutes!

My fabulous web page

Comment

I hit the registration link and it still let me in so apparently it didn't sell out. It seems crazy to not try everything I can to make it since it's so close. (comparatively)

I got my fuel system upgrade, new brake line, and wiring buttoned up. Now working on redoing a bit of the exhaust. Besides testing all my 'updates', all that leaves is finishing the floors. I'm trying hard to get the car ready and eliminate that from being my excuse for not going. Then all I have to do is see if I can afford ($$) to make the trek down south and enter. We'll see how much of my DW copilot/ tire bitch budget I can save to put toward joining you guys in AZ.

Links for those still looking at going.

Registration info required page http://www.hotrod.com/events/registe...-drag-weekend/

actual registration page https://www.raceit.com/Register/?event=34393
                    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

I'd be surprised if they get 100 cars
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

I would have signed up for this instead of regular drag week but now its too late and maybe if my car is still running I may just drive down and enter that day
                        Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                        Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                        Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                        Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

I'll be there, Amx probably won't be running, so I'll bring the Viper.

Comment

according to a facebook post from the roadkill guys, they're planning to bring the crop duster, and Monday they had 30 cars signed up.
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

Tucson Dragway (formally SWIR) under new ownership! and closed for the month of September. Hopefully won't affect HRDWE?

At 56 years old, Jim Hughes admits he needed a change. Hughes, for nearly four decades, championed the name of Hughes performance converters and transmissions. Today he has a new direction. The iconic sportsman racer has sold his interest in the family business and now has a new focus -- operating a drag strip.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                                Tucson Dragway (formally SWIR) under new ownership! and closed for the month of September. Hopefully won't affect HRDWE?
                                Sounds like a very positive development over all. He ran a very good business at Hughes and I wouldn't expect any less at Tucson Dragway. Grand old name for some of us.
                                Last edited by Monster; October 16, 2015, 06:34 AM. Reason: Fixed quote

Comment

Working...
                                X