Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any word on car count or who is going?

Comment

last count I heard was 40, that was a while ago. I'm going, I heard Joe Barry, Larry Larson, Bill Fowler, and a few others.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Sounds like fun. Maybe I should say to heck with work and shoot down there. Do you think I could make the Street Machine Eliminator quick 32 in my 13.5 second GTX?

Comment

sure! road trip
          My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            last count I heard was 40, that was a while ago. I'm going, I heard Joe Barry, Larry Larson, Bill Fowler, and a few others.

Thanks! A plus is that getting through tech with that about of cars should only take a few hours. I am really tempted to make a "bonzai" run and go.
            Last edited by BigD; October 20, 2015, 07:21 AM.

Comment

only a week away!
              My fabulous web page

Comment

I think this will be a bit like the original DW in '05, but a little bigger. We sent over 200 sets of items for the Drag Weekend gift bags. For those who don't know I'm now one of the partners in Baer Brakes and we've become the official brake sponsor for Drag Weekend. You'll see the all the latest Baer SS4 DRag Race Brake stuff on XPursuit this week.

Given the challenge of three tracks beginning and ending 400 miles apart we definitely have a logistical hurdle to overcome, just like the first DW. Larry's truck is featured in the Fragola Performance Plumbing ad write below the window where I'm writing this and it's a reminder that people can do the "impossible" if they have a great plan and can execute it.

We hope to be a small foot note in the history of this magnificent obsession we share.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

From Freiburgers Facebook Page:
                  "There are close to 60 cars for the event, so we are now accepting one-day fun runs at Tucson and Phoenix for $50 on site." End Quote...

Just passing this along for anyone who would like to participate but is unable to make the whole trip. At this point any car added to the count would be a welcomed site.

Last edited by Madmopars; October 26, 2015, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Has there been any talk about an East Coast Drag Weekend?
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                      Has there been any talk about an East Coast Drag Weekend?
                      Yes. I talked to Thom Taylor from HotRod magazine. The parent company wants more events like DragWeek and Drag Weekend. They talked about an east coast DragWeekend.
                      All 12 Drag Weeks, same junk

Comment

Originally posted by turbolaw View Post
                        Yes. I talked to Thom Taylor from HotRod magazine. The parent company wants more events like DragWeek and Drag Weekend. They talked about an east coast DragWeekend.
                        Suits making decisions? Sounds like a kiss of death
                        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                          I think this will be a bit like the original DW in '05, but a little bigger. We sent over 200 sets of items for the Drag Weekend gift bags. For those who don't know I'm now one of the partners in Baer Brakes and we've become the official brake sponsor for Drag Weekend. You'll see the all the latest Baer SS4 DRag Race Brake stuff on XPursuit this week.

Given the challenge of three tracks beginning and ending 400 miles apart we definitely have a logistical hurdle to overcome, just like the first DW. Larry's truck is featured in the Fragola Performance Plumbing ad write below the window where I'm writing this and it's a reminder that people can do the "impossible" if they have a great plan and can execute it.

We hope to be a small foot note in the history of this magnificent obsession we share.
                          Good words Bill, also good luck and gave some fun. Tell Brian Hi. Same to him
                          First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                          Second place SSBBNA 2016
                          Third place SSBBNA 2017
                          Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                          All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Working...
                          X