Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Hot Rod quit giving away winner's jackets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Hot Rod quit giving away winner's jackets?

After failing miserably at DW11 through DW14, I was fortunate enough to win this year, and was looking forward to a winner's jacket. But there was no mention of them at the awards ceremony; has Hot Rod stopped giving jackets to the winners? To me, the jackets I won in 2005, 2006, and 2009 are priceless keepsakes of a successful event, and its a little disappointing if they discontinued that practice. Sorry for the whine, but does anybody know anything about this?

I think in the past they had to be ordered, but you would think they would at least asked your size. Hopefully you will get one.

Comment

I don't believe they have stopped awarding them, but I can't recall any mention of them this year either.
      Last edited by TheSilverBuick; September 24, 2015, 10:18 AM.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I was wondering about that....figures, the year I finally get first
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

In theory they should have all your e-mail addresses. Hopefully they'll send out a "Congratulations" e-mail in the next week or two asking the pertinent size question. Given it was Dave Kennedy's first time being the mic host, and a bit "dry", it could easily have been an omission.

Comment

Actually, I vaguely now recall, I thought I heard one of them mention that they "have gotten better about getting the jackets sent out in a timely fashion now" when thanking Jenny and Tonya for their work.

Comment

In the past, it has taken a few weeks for them to get their stuff together and contact the winners, in 2013 I got contacted for a jacket size via e-mail the last week in October, got the jacket the first week in December. Pretty sure they are still handing them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
                In the past, it has taken a few weeks for them to get their stuff together and contact the winners, in 2013 I got contacted for a jacket size via e-mail the last week in October, got the jacket the first week in December. Pretty sure they are still handing them out.
                Thanks for the info, last time I won (in 2009) they asked for my size at the awards ceremony. They didn't do that this year, and there was no mention of the jackets, hence my question. Hopefully I'll get that email...

Comment

Originally posted by jaybnve View Post

Thanks for the info, last time I won (in 2009) they asked for my size at the awards ceremony. They didn't do that this year, and there was no mention of the jackets, hence my question. Hopefully I'll get that email...
                  Did not hear anything either Jay. Last year I think it was a couple months before I got the E-mail from Michele. I can't imagine any changes in respect's to jackets. Good point Randall about Dave's first and could of just missed it.
                  First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                  Second place SSBBNA 2016
                  Third place SSBBNA 2017
                  Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                  All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

I'm watching the live feed re-run and Brian and DF talked about the jacket being awarded.

Comment

That's reassuring!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                      X