Freiburgers mention of epic tracks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freiburgers mention of epic tracks...

Since it seems I may NEVER make Drag Week I sit and watch all the coverage, I heard Freiburger mention that they had a weeks worth of epic tracks lined up and one of the 4 had a scheduling conflict. Anyone care to take a guess as to which tracks they were? I mean Indy is pretty top tier if you ask me.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the tracks that we ended up with. There was a scheduling conflict Sunday, so we couldn't test until evening. Maybe nothing else worked out, so they decided to go with what they had, and live with the conflict.
    This year was an awesome set of tracks and a great route!
    Last edited by Hemi Joel; October 1, 2015, 09:24 AM.

Comment

It was! And I got to drive in 10 states, which was pretty neat. All the way to Wisconsin. Great Lakes and Cordova I'd heard about for years, it was nice to see them in person...if only for a short time. We didn't dilly dally at either track.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I would like to go back and find it on the live feed but would probably take days. If I heard it correctly, seems to me he meant totally different tracks.

Comment

I agree, all the tracks were pretty good, and in the four drag weeks I've been to, this one seemed like the venue's and the staff had their stuff together. Logistically it was damn good.

I am kind of curious what the original tracks or track order was.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Jeff Lutz told me back in March that Hot Rod trying to get Norwalk. as the starting track.

Comment

I forget what day it was but DF said they had four tracks lined up and one had a scheduling problem that caused them to scrap that whole route idea. Then they came up with another grouping/route idea and that also fell through due to scheduling and/or personnel. He (DF) gave the impression that this year's Drag Week route/schedule was at least plan "C".
              Last edited by 68scott385; October 1, 2015, 03:02 PM.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
                I forget what day it was but DF said they had four tracks lined up and one had a scheduling problem that caused them to scrap that whole route idea. Then they came up with another grouping/route idea and that also fell through due to scheduling and/or personnel. He (DF) gave the impression that this year's Drag Week route/schedule was at least plan "C".
                Yeah, and I remember he eluded to the tracks being all top shelf. Not taking anything away from the tracks used this year.

Comment

Norwalk would be an awesome home track for next year. That being said, I was super impressed with the spectator turnout at Union Grove. Really made a guy feel good knowing they were there to watch us running.

Comment

Yeah, it would. 2000 miles to get there, instead of 1500
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I was just happy this year that they went a little farther north. It was so ridiculously hot at Bowling Green in 2013 that I didn't even want to be in the staging lanes. And in 2008 in Montgomery my trunk monkey almost died of heat exhaustion. The weather this year was outstanding, and I hope they keep next year's event in the milder climates. Its gotta help spectator attendance too...
                      Last edited by jaybnve; October 2, 2015, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaybnve View Post
                        I was just happy this year that they went a little farther north. It was so ridiculously hot at Bowling Green in 2013 that I didn't even want to be in the staging lanes. And in 2008 in Montgomery my trunk monkey almost died of heat exhaustion. The weather this year was outstanding, and I hope they keep next year's event in the milder climates. Its gotta help spectator attendance too...
                        My buddy Dale (quick52) that I rode with was really concerned with
                        my health at Bowling Green that year... I must admit that I felt like I
                        would pass out from the heat that year.. plus I was having heart issues
                        that year(my by-pass had collasped and I was waiting on the surgery
                        to correct it)... it was just too damn hot there.... Indy was hot also..
                        some of you guys sure work your asses off to finish the week....
                        congrats to all of ya....

Comment

Montgomery 2008, that was the worst ever for this northerner. 5 hours working on the car in the middle of 10 acres of asphalt with 95 -100 degree temps, high humidity, and no shade and no breeze. I found a garden hose behind the concession stand and just stood under the stream of water until I was completely drenched. Then I felt better.
                          We went back to Montgomery for power tour 2011, and it was just as hot, or worse.
                          Last edited by Hemi Joel; October 2, 2015, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooter View Post
                            Norwalk would be an awesome home track for next year. That being said, I was super impressed with the spectator turnout at Union Grove. Really made a guy feel good knowing they were there to watch us running.
                            Unless Norwalk changes the weekend it holds its Shakedown race, it would take some cooperation. Shakedown was on the 17th-20th this year. The pit was packed.
                            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

The heat is a major concern that time of year. That's really the only time our tracks (Florida) close is for a month or two in the middle of summer because of the brutal heat. I go to Bristol near the end of July for a week to race and although it's hot... still way nicer than FL.

Comment

Working...
                              X