No announcement yet.

2016 DW build! Will I ever make it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manifolds and exh housings are coated.

Comment

• A/C lines are done. Putting bushings in the rockers. Pan baffle, transfer tubes and oil cooler adapter are in/on on the pan.

Comment

• I got my solid FT cam broke in and put the inner springs back in
        today... a good cleaning tomorrow and I will be out on Woodward
        to play around.. gonna meet up at the Donut Cutters for a while..
        gonna have to run the laptop for a while to check the fuel AFR..
        I sure hope it goes well... next week I have a bit of suspension
        work to do... thats a few hours(1/2 day)

Comment

• Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
          I got my solid FT cam broke in and put the inner springs back in
          today... a good cleaning tomorrow and I will be out on Woodward
          to play around.. gonna meet up at the Donut Cutters for a while..
          gonna have to run the laptop for a while to check the fuel AFR..
          I sure hope it goes well... next week I have a bit of suspension
          work to do... thats a few hours(1/2 day)
          I'll have almost no time to test/tune, glad you're moving forward nicely.

Comment

• More measurements, Pizza party, install.

Comment

• Getting closer every day.

Looking forward to seeing a Monaro on Drag Week!
              Tim
              Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Do you have much fab work to do or has that been done and your just in the assembly stage? Looks nice!
                1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
                  Getting closer every day.

Looking forward to seeing a Monaro on Drag Week!
                  I'm looking forward to bringing one!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                    Do you have much fab work to do or has that been done and your just in the assembly stage? Looks nice!
                    Well I thought the fab work was done... till today haha. This bellhousing is for an Fbody (don't make a GTO specific one) so the starter doesn't fit, more grinding. The Turbos are low mounted, you guessed it, next to the bell and it is so tight I'm having to nip and tuck it everywhere, thought I was done when it was out of the car... nope drivers side turbo still hits. I hope tomorrow I get off easy, I could use a nice easy day just bolting stuff together (without a grinder).

Comment

• Tiny snails in, charge pipes and inlet pipes in, Intercooler in, p/s cooler on, engine accessories on, a/c condenser and lines test fit with the radiator. It was a productive day.

Comment

• Rocker bushings are done and started checking rocker swipe (didn't finish, long story). Trans. is under the car and hydraulics are somewhat bled. Radiator doesnt really fit with the intercooler, its real tight but after hours of persuasion its in and since I'm getting really pressed for time I have made the decision NOT to remove everything for -AN fittings, I'll just put new hoses on it for now.

Comment

• Pushrods ordered, clutch hydraulics are bled measured and done, trans is in, and driveshaft is in. Looks like I have a driveline angle issue that I will have to address as well.

Comment

• Good work.
                            Tim
                            Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Went and picked up the oil return pump and a few fittings for mock up, started making a bracket and getting a list of materials together so I can finish it tomorrow. Also installed the oil feed lines on the turbos and ran them up top, gotta find a fitting for the valley cover for the oil feed port.

Comment

• Nice work man. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Comment

Working...
                                X