• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
    "Bolt in"
    Pffft yeah right LOL

Comment

• Found the a/c drier so that's done and allows me to install the crash bar and start figuring out the oil cooler. Dropped the driveshaft off to be shortened and started making a spacer for the housing support bracket. Injectors and fuel rails are in and started sorting out more wiring and fuel lines, intake isn't on for the final time yet.

Comment

• Fortunately, you have more than 10 days before DW starts. Keep going!
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          Fortunately, you have more than 10 days before DW starts. Keep going!
          If everything works out I should have it running with all the interior in it this weekend ready for tuning and fixing small issues. Hopefully get the driveshaft back Thursday-ish and have the rear done with the driveshaft in and fluid in the trans by Friday night.

Comment

• Tonight I had the front bumper cover on and off a few times trying to fit an oil cooler. had to reposition a bit of turbo oil line, oil return wiring is almost complete. re-ran most of my crankcase vent lines after having to move them for wiring, ran hoses for the steering reservoir and installed the fuel tank brace and the new hitch. Driveshaft is done but they are 1 1/2 hours away and it's raining so bad we are flooded, I do have to get it by Friday afternoon. Crossing my fingers my exhaust will be here by Friday too!

Comment

• Got the driveshaft yesterday, bolted it in with the modified brackets and looks like it came out good. Still haven't bolted the manifold on yet, just making sure all the lines are routed correctly because it gets real busy in there. Got a plug and the oil pressure sender in the oil cooler adapter, coolant crossover, p/s lines bracket and reservoir, water neck and fans are all in. Test fit the hoses and made a parts list to get for today.

Comment

• I guess you're south of the hurricane....good to see you're still moving forward!
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  I guess you're south of the hurricane....good to see you're still moving forward!
                  Yes, we are South. Blew about 50 last night and it sounded like the garage door was coming off the hinges but I just kept on banging it out.

Comment

• Got the old tune out today so I could get a base to fire it up.

Comment

• I've been slow to update because my losses have been many and my wins few. Working my A$$ off and making zero progress is the current theme. Picked up a set of injectors today locally (my others were stuck shut), put them in and the car fired so I shut it down immediately because my return pump (turbos) wouldn't automatically run with the fuel pump the way it's supposed to (pump controller wouldn't run the pump either, see the parallel?) so I went about the duty of buttoning some stuff up. Loaded the new tune and fired it up... throttle had to be 70+% to fire and it popped and farted, SHIT! Drivers side manifolds were warm and passenger side barely warm so I swapped coil packs, now drivers side was cold and pass side was hot. Rechecked the factory harness just for peace of mind and it all checked out, swapped the coil pack harness with a spare I had and viola... fired right up. NOW, in the middle of all this my daughter was looking through the underhood fusebox checking the ign/inj fuses realized HMMmmm the fuel pump relay is missing BOOM fuel pump AND oil return pump are working as advertised. Now, here is where it gets return pump scary, I let it run and it was belching smoke and pouring oil out the pipes OH SHIT! Well all the turning over and trying to fire I would hot wire the pump occasionally, well that wasn't enough and it filled the exhaust with oil. We pulled the line off the pump and checked it's output running and it was great, put everything back together and no smoke. Checked the shifter, goes in gear, let the clutch out and moved forward, clutch disengaged great too. Changed the oil and packed it in early feeling pretty good about forward progress. And a couple pics, underhood, and YES trailer progress! Time is certainly my enemy here.
                      Last edited by Nmbr1GMfan; September 6, 2016, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• keep up the hard work see you this weekend .

Comment

• Keep it up. Your almost there. Just remember, there are 24 hours in a day, sleep is over rated. Hope you can make it.

Comment

• Pure insanity, self inflicted automotive pain. Today is Wednesday, I leave sometime on Friday and NOTHING is finished. Shit is scattered everywhere and I'm smiling from ear to ear!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nmbr1GMfan View Post
                              Pure insanity, self inflicted automotive pain. Today is Wednesday, I leave sometime on Friday and NOTHING is finished. Shit is scattered everywhere and I'm smiling from ear to ear!
                              THAT'S WHAT DRAG WEEK IS ALL ABOUT!

Keep your chin up!
                              Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                              Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                              Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                              Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

• Finish it in the hotel parking lot
                                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X