Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
    So will you be there next year?
    It's definitely an event I would do again. I just don't know if my schedule would allow it every year, but surely a strong possibility.

Comment

• that's just a matter of setting your priorities straight.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        that's just a matter of setting your priorities straight.
        Yes, but I have 1 PDRA and 2 NHRA races in the next 5 weeks with the kid and that's about a normal month for us all year. We have thrown the idea around to get my oldest daughters car done and let my youngest daughter miss some school so we can do it together next year. I would be happy with missing some races for that.

Comment

• I still haven't found anything as fun/challenging as drag week. So I go every year.

My fabulous web page

Comment

I still haven't found anything as fun/challenging as drag week. So I go every year.
            I agree, I had an absolute blast. The cars and the people were awesome, I much prefer this environment to an actual sanctioned drag race but I would like to help my kids get to and compete in some NHRA divisional/national events.

Comment

• life is neat, there are so many fun things to do!

Hope to see you on DW again. Having time to sort out the car ahead of time, makes the experience less overwhelming.
              My fabulous web page

Comment

life is neat, there are so many fun things to do!

Hope to see you on DW again. Having time to sort out the car ahead of time, makes the experience less overwhelming.
                Honestly I didn't think it would be as difficult as it was, your explanation to me at NTR was spot on. I will be more prepared next time as the car will be up to the task. I really can't think of a time I smiled so much during adversity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nmbr1GMfan View Post
                  Honestly I didn't think it would be as difficult as it was, your explanation to me at NTR was spot on. I will be more prepared next time as the car will be up to the task. I really can't think of a time I smiled so much during adversity.
                  I've enjoyed all 3 DWs that I went on.. but I was always the co-pilot
                  trunk monkey.. I have failed to make it on 3 tries due to all sorts of
                  reasons.. this last time was out of my control.. one thing that really
                  helps is having a well sorted out ride.. I went with Dale(quick52)
                  and he has tons of miles on his ride so we had very little issues
                  on any of the trips.. he won quickest hotrod all 3 times but didnt
                  get it on the 3rd time(error on Hot Rods part).. but for me with 3
                  and out I wont even try again.. I will look into the power tour which looks like it could be fun... I will look into the DWeekend stuff IF they
                  do a east version

Comment

• I went on HRPT with my dad quite a few years back, it was fun but Drag Week is definately for me. I love a challenge and a drag race.

Comment

• I went on PT in 97 and 04, it was fun, but nothing like Drag Week.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Well it's been a few months and I'm going to start cleaning up the shop, getting a couple things done to the wife's car then I'll get the engine out to assess the failure. I have a couple ideas but, will know for sure in a few weeks, I'll update as I go.

Comment

• Cleaned everything up, what a mess. Started on a cam swap for the Camaro.

Comment

• Got some powdercoat done for the Camaro and new tires put on, new pushrods and rocker bushings are here. gonna finish the cam install and do some tuning this weekend. Next week hope to get the engine out of the GTO and asses the carnage to get a jump on DW 2017.

Comment

• Looking forward to the report and pictures if you have the time.
                              Tim
                              Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Should be some engine removal pics starting next weekend if everything fits into place.

Comment

Working...
                                X