• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DW 2016

Where will it be
    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Probably east of the MS river. As I only watched this year, it was great to see a couple of the less than NHRA national event caliber tracks involved. I realize that low numbers out of the Unlimited class is what a lot of folks like to see, but I think that they (with their slippier tracks and shorter shut downs) add to the character of the race.

I just hope I can make it next year in person.
    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Since I hope to make it this year I would love to hit Bristol or Zmax.

Comment

I'm guessing Southeast-ish. Bowling Green and Memphis somewhere in the mix.
        Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
        Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

ohio....I wanna see Ohio
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Any four tracks they pick are fine with me.
            The only thing I don't like is all the action you miss sitting in staging.
            The best part is all the other drivers you get to talk to sitting in staging.
            Just don't care where that happens.
            CC Nats 78, 79, 82, 83
            Finished Drag Week 06, 07, 14, 15, 16
            All in the same car

Comment

It's all good!
              My fabulous web page

Comment

Death Valley run!! Just like I proposed last year Bring a whole new meaning to grueling

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	48
Size:	417.7 KB
ID:	1065825
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

they only got 40 people to sign up for the 3 day version, sans Vegas. I don't think it's happening, Randal.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

Since Phoenix is 31 hours from me that's one I wouldn't be going to. What would be really interesting is, where the people that participated in 2015 all live compared to Drag Weeks location. (which Hot Rod already has).

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                      they only got 40 people to sign up for the 3 day version, sans Vegas. I don't think it's happening, Randal.
                      I don't believe you can look at a poor turnout at a hastily planned event as a lack of interest on the west coast. A 3 day event that requires you to burn three days of vacation? Hardly a "Weekend event".

Comment

I think I've heard from one California guy who's going to Drag Weekend, and several from Arizona. But the California guy is a transplant from Tucson!

I realize it's a hastily planned event that takes a big commitment. Still...there's a heck of a lot more interest in this kind of event in the midwest.

edit: I forgot to count the Roadkill guys....but I'm not sure if they count, since one of them probably was instrumental in making DWE happen?
                        Last edited by squirrel; October 26, 2015, 07:01 AM.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                          Death Valley run!! Just like I proposed last year Bring a whole new meaning to grueling

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1065825[/ATTACH]
                          if you want to make it REAL grueling, move Drag Week up into late July, early August..
                          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

DF just posted on facebook that they had 60 entries, so if you do the normal attrition you should eave with 45 cars.
                            1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                            1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Wouldn't have to worry about the waiting list. My take of the car count from 2012-2015 is a function of the relative central location. I hardly found the corn fields interesting to see, but I'm sure many would say the same of hours of sand and mountains. The population density of back east certainly helps with the "less than reliable" cars.

The first one I think will have plenty of fence sitters sitting out, I'm more curious to see how the turn out of the second regional Drag Weekend is, where ever it is.

I really want to go on impulse (and use the discount code in the DW2015 bag..), but financially I really shouldn't. I'd take the Firebird just to run it, even though the cooling system is marginal
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X