No announcement yet.

DW 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the cooling system is marginal in October, then it's insufficient in the summer. But if it's marginal in the summer, you'll be fine in October.

It will be interesting to see how the DWE concept plays out.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Columbus, OH/Indy/Milan/PRP/Columbus circa 2010....

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        If the cooling system is marginal in October, then it's insufficient in the summer. But if it's marginal in the summer, you'll be fine in October.

It will be interesting to see how the DWE concept plays out.

I drove it to Vegas with the temps in the mid-90's, and with the pump running 100% of the time it was maintaining right around 184ºF coolant temp. Climbing hills it climbed, going down hills it went down. When I got to cooler temps a few dozen miles north of Vegas it started dropping. Its just a dinky 17 gpm pump, so I don't think it can move the water fast enough in some conditions. The 3-core brass radiator is plenty good. This was going 75mph, and I'm fairly sure if I simply slowed down to 55-60mph it would cool down since the pump speed would be unchanged and the engine load/rpm would be lower. I want the 55-gpm pump mounted on a 2-row aluminum radiator
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

It won't be at ZMax unless the dates of DragWeek or the NHRA event at ZMax changes. NHRA holds rights to the track a week before their event so they can prep it and paint it.
          All 12 Drag Weeks, same junk

Comment

Originally posted by turbolaw View Post
            It won't be at ZMax unless the dates of DragWeek or the NHRA event at ZMax changes. NHRA holds rights to the track a week before their event so they can prep it and paint it.
            Just wishful thinking on my part because I'm so far away from everything being in FL.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemirunner View Post
              Columbus, OH/Indy/Milan/PRP/Columbus circa 2010....

I like that one, that's three new tracks for me, and I have no problem running Indy for a third time.
              1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
              1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by turbolaw View Post
                DF need's to think outside the box... Change dates or whatever to get Zmax ...

Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
                  Why does it matter ( you going to borrow your wife's Traverse ,or corvette or maybe a thought the 52 Ford if you can drive it that far with out AIR!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by R Munch View Post

Why does it matter ( you going to borrow your wife's Traverse ,or corvette or maybe a thought the 52 Ford if you can drive it that far with out AIR!!!!
                    Mite not have the house work done... Being the flying V my job is never done...
                    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
                      4 wide would be fun in the DW format where we're not racing each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemirunner View Post

4 wide would be fun in the DW format where we're not racing each other.
                        With some guys cutting 9+ second reaction times, it would be hell for the camera crews to pick which of the 4 cars to follow down the track though.

Comment

Working...
                        X