74 Nova Project
        66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
        79 Chevy Truck Project
        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

I hear that this may not be happening... the auto zone may have
          jumped the gun on this... this is from another site

I had contacted Elana, she said she wasn't aware of the event, but said tracks may have released dates prematurely, said it wouldn't be a surprise if they did have a event in the spring, as some had complained some about the heat etc.
          She admitted though she's not in the know on all events or plans for them, and would let know when or if she hears anything about it.
          It kinda sounds like a track or a sponsor hadn't committed, but maybe someone leaked some info/potential info prematurely.

As soon as I hear anything, whether from her or elsewhere, I will be sure to post what I hear. I look forward to doing this again, maybe MoparBilly will join in on the fun!

Comment

it's also on the Tucson Dragway calendar. And one of the folks who knows said to watch for an announcement maybe today.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

.....and, it's official!

My fabulous web page

Comment

Hmm, interesting, a two track loop. However I do like the fact there IS an event I can participate in!
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

hope to see you there, Randal!
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

Now to see IF they do a East Coast one... I wouldnt mind a Ohio one

Comment

If I go I'll have to decide between the Skylark and Firebird. I will have spent some more time on the Skylark's launch control and aiming for some off the line traction control too. I'd unbolt the sway arm bar as well. Too soon to do anything about the heavy rims. Then the Firebird will hopefully be up and running with the new intake at minimum and I'm still thinking of bolting a slightly undersized supercharger to it on the passengerside, so would be interested in making some runs with it.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

If I have all my paperwork and physical done, will they allow me to qualify for my NHRA license on the T-n-T opening day?

Comment

It's been iffy in the past, some guys have done it, but you ought to make arrangements first. Also, depending on how quick your car is...if it'll barely run 9s at low elevations, it'll barely run mid 10s in Tucson, and might get into the 9s in Chandler. At least that's how mine works.
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by ProRauder View Post
                            If I have all my paperwork and physical done, will they allow me to qualify for my NHRA license on the T-n-T opening day?
                            I would look at getting your license before you head out to the West
                            weekend.. you need the signatures of licensed drivers on your passes
                            along with the track manager to send in..if your 55 or older you have
                            to send in a copy of the EKG.. so get 2 copies of that ... making the
                            passes is the easy part of getting the license

Comment

Something to shoot for then! Unless my track opens early here in Iowa, I will have to try out there. If not, then I'll just pull boost until it runs in the 10's and enjoy a week in AZ. Besides, it will be fun to shake the car down anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X