• Show
Clear All

• Drag Week 2016 Hotel Rooms.

US 131 area filling up.

Bob.. what place did you get your room at.. which day

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
      Bob.. what place did you get your room at.. which day
      Don't forget Mike to let me know where your booking so I can get the rooms for my gang . Thanks Happy Hoilidays

Comment

Is there any info about Hot Rod host hotels or do you just stay where you can?

Comment

Think in 09 we stayed in kalamazoo Mi its around 20 mile to the track..
          Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
          Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by R Munch View Post

Don't forget Mike to let me know where your booking so I can get the rooms for my gang . Thanks Happy Hoilidays
            Rod... have Dale give you my phone number.. I ordered ours
            but you need to go down the street..I might change to that one
            also... rooms are pricey

Comment

Originally posted by 71 cam View Post
              Is there any info about Hot Rod host hotels or do you just stay where you can?
              I can almost bet you that they will stay in Newark or Heath by National Trail, North of Newark by Milan for Summit, Holiday Inn express north side of Kalamazoo for US 131 and probably downtown Indy for Indy. At least that's where they have stayed in the past, however you can stay anywhere you like. I try for Motels as close to the tracks as possible and in the direction I think we will be coming in from.
              First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
              Second place SSBBNA 2016
              Third place SSBBNA 2017
              Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
              All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

The one hotel close to 131 I got the last room... I might go down
                the road a bit for something else.. this one was the Comfort Inn
                I tried to order up a room in the Indy area and their puter wasnt
                working so I need to call back
                Last edited by MR P-BODY; December 19, 2015, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Indy motels were in Brownsburg last year. I went with the Quality Inn there this time as the Super 8 was a bit of a hole.

Comment

Mike
                    Comfort inn is good, I have stayed there before.

Comment

Just curious, do you guys call in your reservations or do you do it online? I've always called mine in but I don't always get the actual motel with the number provided, which is a little frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanCasida View Post
                        Just curious, do you guys call in your reservations or do you do it online? I've always called mine in but I don't always get the actual motel with the number provided, which is a little frustrating.
                        I try direct number but sometimes get switched to the main reservation office. Probably when their busy at the Motel. Just before Drag Week I double check them all.
                        First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                        Second place SSBBNA 2016
                        Third place SSBBNA 2017
                        Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                        All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Originally posted by AlanCasida View Post
                          Everyone I called was the direct number.. I prefer to call
                          direct... no on line for me.. and I dont use those hotel
                          finders... they tend to add on a fee... all the rooms this
                          year were pricey... it is what it is
                          Last edited by MR P-BODY; December 21, 2015, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                            .. and I dont use those hotel
                            finders... they tend to add on a fee...
                            Not necessarily. I always use the finders and are almost always cheaper. On a road trip through the US about two years ago, we booked a hotel for one night, but due to bad weather and not being able to see what we came for, we decided to stay another night. The clerk said I needed to pay $80 plus tx. I booked the night before for $78 with tax. He told me that wasn't possible and it was $80 plus tax, take it or leave it. I said I would pass on it.

I walked over to the lounge and got on internet and booked the same room (we didn't even have to move our luggage) for $78 including tax. I walked back over to him and asked him to check his system for my reservation and there it was. He was stumped on how this could be, but it was.
                            ~Alain~
                            A wise man once said: "There's no replacement for cubic inches"........then they went on and invented Forced Induction
                            "You'll run outta tire, before you run outta horsepower"

Comment

Originally posted by alain View Post

Not necessarily. I always use the finders and are almost always cheaper. On a road trip through the US about two years ago, we booked a hotel for one night, but due to bad weather and not being able to see what we came for, we decided to stay another night. The clerk said I needed to pay $80 plus tx. I booked the night before for $78 with tax. He told me that wasn't possible and it was $80 plus tax, take it or leave it. I said I would pass on it.

I walked over to the lounge and got on internet and booked the same room (we didn't even have to move our luggage) for $78 including tax. I walked back over to him and asked him to check his system for my reservation and there it was. He was stumped on how this could be, but it was.
                              Last year I had to pay a cancellation fee using a hotel finder..
                              that was another $10... that was BS... but to each their own

Comment

Working...
                              X