lenco st1200 transmission???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lenco st1200 transmission???

Hello all were looking for some input on this transmission. My dad is building his chevelle for drag week this year and he's needing to get a trans ordered. Any one have any experience with this set up or know of any one running one on DW? Thanks

A guy on one board I am on is putting one together.. you
    might want to check it out
    1969 GTX Lenco ST1200 5spd Project for Street/Strip:I received my Hyatt Racing services complete clutch assembly for my 1969 GTX, and Hyatt also modified my Lakewood bellhousing by adding a SFI rated Window/Cover for me.Hyatt also sent me a 10 page manual on setting up the clutch for stree...

Comment

Originally posted by chevy only racing View Post
      Hello all were looking for some input on this transmission. My dad is building his chevelle for drag week this year and he's needing to get a trans ordered. Any one have any experience with this set up or know of any one running one on DW? Thanks
      You might check the rules, I thing a Lenco puts you in an unlimited class.
      First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
      Second place SSBBNA 2016
      Third place SSBBNA 2017
      Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
      All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

That forum helps will try and talk to Chris from hyat racing about clutch and trans.

We checked the rules we found no rule for super street race only street race where it said no lenco. Might be wrong but couldn't find anything on it.

Comment

Originally posted by chevy only racing View Post
          That forum helps will try and talk to Chris from hyat racing about clutch and trans.

We checked the rules we found no rule for super street race only street race where it said no lenco. Might be wrong but couldn't find anything on it.
          Cool, must of changed with the last set of rules.
          First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
          Second place SSBBNA 2016
          Third place SSBBNA 2017
          Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
          All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

I had a Lenco ST 1200 in my TTSBC Camaro. It was a good transmission and a blast to drive. I took it out when I started racing the car more and changed to an automatic. The trans was fine but since I was at 1000hp it was hard to get the clutch right so it would hold the power yet be slip to launch the car. I ended up using a Mcleod dual disk clutch. It worked great on the street but I had to launch the car at 5000+ to get the car to launch without grabbing too much. I would say the biggest thing with the trans is getting the input shaft length right and clutch/throw out bearing. With the dual disk clutch there is very little room in a standard bell housing. As with most lencos , changing fluid regularly and checking your tower pressures are the only real maintenance. If you want a speedometer you will need to get an aftermarket one that goes on the drive shaft.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGTO View Post

Cool, must of changed with the last set of rules.

It should be fun to drive and not have to worry about running in the unlimated class running tens. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 71 cam View Post
                I had a Lenco ST 1200 in my TTSBC Camaro. It was a good transmission and a blast to drive. I took it out when I started racing the car more and changed to an automatic. The trans was fine but since I was at 1000hp it was hard to get the clutch right so it would hold the power yet be slip to launch the car. I ended up using a Mcleod dual disk clutch. It worked great on the street but I had to launch the car at 5000+ to get the car to launch without grabbing too much. I would say the biggest thing with the trans is getting the input shaft length right and clutch/throw out bearing. With the dual disk clutch there is very little room in a standard bell housing. As with most lencos , changing fluid regularly and checking your tower pressures are the only real maintenance. If you want a speedometer you will need to get an aftermarket one that goes on the drive shaft.
                Thinks they have GPS speedo now
                Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post

Thinks they have GPS speedo now

That's what I use
                  DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                  DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                  DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                  DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Originally posted by 71 cam View Post
                    Hes going to run a gear vendors overdrive on the back and they set it up with a 45 tooth pickup wheel for the efi display to read it. Hope it works!! Thanks for the input should be a good learning experiance.

Comment

just got be careful to not " roll the sprag " they freewheel when you lift, and when if your not carefull getting back in. it will stand the sprag rollers up and damage them.

Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.
                      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
                      X