Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
    Beer
    Not enough trailer space for beer.... isnt that what stores are for?
    Dave
    69 Mustang ProStreet
    70 Torino

Comment

i have pulled into a hotel parking lot at 2 am, no stores open. DW has also started in no alcohol sales on sunday. Why risk it? Chad knows I will always have cold beer.
      Last edited by nesabo; March 11, 2016, 06:06 PM.
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Dave D View Post

Not enough trailer space for beer.... isnt that what stores are for?
        Yep... I couldnt bring enough beer in a little trailer... but as
        you say... thats what the store is for... when Dale and I went
        together we changed up buying beer everyday.. that was at
        least a case a day... but we did give away some... and I set
        my beers aside so they will warm up

Comment

Beer
          If I could bring enough it would be Molson Ice..
          and I doubt I can buy it on the road.. so I will
          have to suffer with cheap crap

Comment

You've got a good list started: I would add: a one gallon jug of water (in a container that could double as a small gas container in a pinch), a funnel or two as needed, tire plug kit, tire leak sealer can, and a spare digital camera(or phone) - take pictures with both your phone and the spare at each checkpoint stop. Alternately, if you run with another car(s), arrange to take pictures of each other's cars at the checkpoints as well as your own.

If you're running the same tires on the street and strip, you might want to carry a spare rear tire, especially if it's not a common size. I take mine unmounted (since we don't use a trailer) and use the space inside to store the paper towels, cleaner, etc small stuff. I also carry a mounted space saver spare tire that will fit any corner of the car in a pinch.

And I second Bill's recommendation of a good atlas!

Comment

Thanks... I like the tire repair stuff.. I was gonna bring
              my camera.. but I will write it down.. I have a atlas

Comment

Scott has a good point with the backup pictures. I usually post stuff on Facebook throughout the week to torture my friends who are at work, i use that as a backup of sorts for my checkpoint pictures. Plus my Dad usually snaps a shot also when we get out.

This will be a good thread to read the week before to leave to make sure you got it all. I always forget something every year. In 2013 I brought a whole ignition system but I left the coil at home, well guess what failed? Thanks to Mr P and Quick 52 for stopping lol.
                1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

i have pulled into a hotel parking lot at 2 am, no stores open. DW has also started in no alcohol sales on sunday. Why risk it? Chad knows I will always have cold beer.
                  I know if I were to pull into the parking lot at 2am I wouldnt
                  be worried about beer... I/we have stopped on the road to
                  pick up beer before.. once Dale and I got to the hotel and
                  started drinking.. we are done driving.. I will see if I have room
                  for a cooler... but for me... I drink warm beer.. have since I
                  was in Nam

Comment

Spare O2/sensors for the EFI? Might be able to limp to the autoparts for the other sensors.

Comment

Originally posted by OUTLAWD View Post
                      Spare O2/sensors for the EFI? Might be able to limp to the autoparts for the other sensors.
                      Good idea

Comment

Maybe some light weight coveralls and a rug or something to lay on. Also, since my knees aren't what they used to be I bring a small piece of high density foam to use when I swap tires.

Comment

I carry a rug thing in the truck all the time... I am planing
                          on using a power inverter so I can run my computer ...
                          being that I run injection.. not sure if I will change programs..
                          but I want t see how the fuel maps will be..probably get one
                          from HF.... keep the ideas coming

Comment

A buddy gave a pair of the quick connectors that most use
                            on a charger that just plug in(the red and black plug in units)
                            and a good long length of 0 cable so I can hook up the inverter
                            so I'm set there.. saved me about $150.... thanks to him

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                              Scott has a good point with the backup pictures. I usually post stuff on Facebook throughout the week to torture my friends who are at work, i use that as a backup of sorts for my checkpoint pictures. Plus my Dad usually snaps a shot also when we get out.

This will be a good thread to read the week before to leave to make sure you got it all. I always forget something every year. In 2013 I brought a whole ignition system but I left the coil at home, well guess what failed? Thanks to Mr P and Quick 52 for stopping lol.
                              I had 3 spare driver glass windows at home this past year, guess what went on the first night. Hello Lowes.......
                              Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Work gloves... keep thinking guys.. you've been a big help Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140528_115956853_HDR-w640-h479.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	1092157 Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	1092158 Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	1092159