atlas

I'm sure I'll remember more... give me your ideas
    thanks
    I wish I had a spare fuel pump but I'm running EFI
    and the pumps are a bit pricey.. I might have to look
    into it though
    As you can see I have been adding on with your help
    thanks
    Last edited by MR P-BODY; March 27, 2016, 06:08 AM.

Don't forget the cans of brake clean (parts washer in a can!)

Comment

This will be my 5th year on DW, I have brought less and less each year. There is always something I don't have that I need but luckily its usually something I can grab on the road.
      1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
      1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
        This will be my 5th year on DW, I have brought less and less each year. There is always something I don't have that I need but luckily its usually something I can grab on the road.
        Its always something you didnt have.. its Murphy's law...
        If I bring everything.. nothing would break

Comment

Originally posted by mprhound View Post
          Don't forget the cans of brake clean (parts washer in a can!)
          I will add that

Comment

The best spare part can't be packed. But don't worry all the other competitors bring it.
            The willingness to stop and help someone else. We had a couple of minor problems in 2006 and 2007. Both times it took more effort to wave people off than to fix the problem.
            I had a push rod problems in 2014. Hemi Joel stopped in his Oldsmobile and hauled me 20 miles off the path to a junkyard. Thank You again Joel!
            In the mean time some guy that ran a local detail shop in the little Oklahoma town of 2000 or so sent one of his shop kids up to keep an eye on the car and my wife while I was gone.
            So don't worry too much about parts.
            CC Nats 78, 79, 82, 83
            Finished Drag Week 06, 07, 14, 15, 16
            All in the same car

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
              GPS 2 of them
              phone
              If you have a smartphone, I would skip the second GPS and use a GPS app.

Comment

I only bring stuff that I can't find easily, and not much, really. A few valvetrain parts (I gave the Aussies a rocker arm last year), blower belt, a few weird gaskets, and of course a spare fuel pump. An extra gas cap would be handy, or maybe a tether on it.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by c2xejk View Post
                  If you have a smartphone, I would skip the second GPS and use a GPS app.
                  Yes I have a smart phone.. and I also have 3 GPS units...
                  I use one of them as my speedo so I want at least one
                  more for nav work
                  Last edited by MR P-BODY; March 10, 2016, 08:46 PM.

Comment

last year, I left the GPS home. on purpose. I had a big paper map of each state, and my son the navigator went over the route on the map and his smart phone before we left each day. and figured out what all the directions meant. But if you're navigating yourself, it gets more trickier.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

An Ipad with cell service is really nice to have, your navigator can easily look at the route ahead and make sure the route sheet is correct or even close.
                      1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                      1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

No Ipad.. just a smart phone that I barely know how to use..
                        I will be by myself so no nav man... I did the nav work for
                        Dale(quick52) the 3 times I went with him... having a nav
                        man is a nice way to go.. sure takes the load off of the driver

Comment

Plan to pair up with someone(s) so you can use their navigator. I think four cars is about the max for group. Bring two or three walkie-talkies, and their chager, much easier than cell phones in loud cars. Powerful flashlight. I bring big 18v impact for tire changes and kit with a cordless drill, angle grinder, spare batteries and charger and a 18v flashlight. I carry a trucker type atlas and use the iPhone GPS as back up and to find parts stores etc. Clothes, food and drinks in the car, everything else in the little trailer.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Beer
                            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                              Plan to pair up with someone(s) so you can use their navigator. I think four cars is about the max for group. Bring two or three walkie-talkies, and their chager, much easier than cell phones in loud cars. Powerful flashlight. I bring big 18v impact for tire changes and kit with a cordless drill, angle grinder, spare batteries and charger and a 18v flashlight. I carry a trucker type atlas and use the iPhone GPS as back up and to find parts stores etc. Clothes, food and drinks in the car, everything else in the little trailer.
                              Flash lights.. forgot them.. thanks.. my pump and drill is a multi
                              head deal so I will bring the bulk of it(I'm sure I dont need a
                              circular saw. LOL)... yeah I'm gonna team up with a few others
                              but I dont know if anyone has a co-pilot... not yet anyways

Comment

Working...
                              X