pulling into the driveway the upper radiator hose let
    go and sprayed every where... this was the second time
    that has happened so that hose is going... over all I
    was ok with it........ but this car STILL hates me.. it has
    to screw with me EVERY TIME

Sorry on the double post... I tried to delete one but it
    didnt happen...... maybe someone can tell me how to
    delete a post.... thanks
    Last edited by MR P-BODY; March 18, 2016, 10:20 PM.

Well I wont look at the hose as a real issue but what are you expecting with an automatic valve body on the automatic down shift?
    Keep that thing together for our Ugly at Ubly event. I hope you got a trans temp gage.
    We are going to have fun this summer. I'll spot you one second on a 1/8th mile run just for fun. You should be 3 Rampages in front of me at the stripe.
    Edit your other post by deleting the contents so it doesn't get used.
    Dave
    69 Mustang ProStreet
    70 Torino

Comment

Originally posted by Dave D View Post
      Well I wont look at the hose as a real issue but what are you expecting with an automatic valve body on the automatic down shift?
      Keep that thing together for our Ugly at Ubly event. I hope you got a trans temp gage.
      We are going to have fun this summer. I'll spot you one second on a 1/8th mile run just for fun. You should be 3 Rampages in front of me at the stripe.
      Edit your other post by deleting the contents so it doesn't get used.
      Yeah I did delete the contents... I would like to get some tuning
      in before we hit Ubly but I doubt I will... I have no idea as to what
      tire pressure to run on these street radials or what RPM to leave
      at... I'm so use to a trans brake that this will be a whole new learning
      curve for me.. but I'm sure I'll figure out something

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post

Yeah I did delete the contents... I would like to get some tuning
        in before we hit Ubly but I doubt I will... I have no idea as to what
        tire pressure to run on these street radials or what RPM to leave
        at... I'm so use to a trans brake that this will be a whole new learning
        curve for me.. but I'm sure I'll figure out something
        I'm sure Dale will help you with the radials even though he's heavier (the truck). I think that's less tire pressure for you. 16 to 19 psi? Most foot brakers leave at 2500 rpm.
        A couple of test hits on the street will help. Where you live shouldnt be a problem with that. Let's keep our stuff together for the summer and have some fun.
        I will be getting my chassis cert at Milan April 16 and making some passes for my license if the weather cooperates. Its a TnT day so if you want to come out we could do a few runs and if I have time I could video your car leaving. If you're interested in a cert they may be able to fit you in.
        I will have the exhaust off, an air pan and a chin spoiler for better aero to try to sneak into the 8's?. Shoot high and see what happens coming off a 9.11 last fall without any of the previously mentioned changes.
        Dave
        69 Mustang ProStreet
        70 Torino

Comment

No cert for me anymore... 10.0 will be it

Comment

With that upper radiator hose problem have you ruled out leaking head gaskets? Or are you sure there is another root cause for the problem?
            Just wondering as I had that problem once.

Mike Reichen

Comment

Originally posted by 1 fast evo 2 View Post
              With that upper radiator hose problem have you ruled out leaking head gaskets? Or are you sure there is another root cause for the problem?
              Just wondering as I had that problem once.

Mike Reichen
              Yeah I'm sure of that problem... the goose neck nipple is sorta short
              and the fancy ends on the hose the clamp is set back about 3/4"
              and when I put it on the clamp was on top of the hose bead or
              even on the end of the radius of the bead... so if the hose wasnt
              put on ALL the way it would/could have a problem as I did
              Last edited by MR P-BODY; March 20, 2016, 06:40 AM.

Comment

I'm sure Dale will help you with the radials even though he's heavier (the truck). I think that's less tire pressure for you. 16 to 19 psi? Most foot brakers leave at 2500 rpm.
                A couple of test hits on the street will help. Where you live shouldnt be a problem with that. Let's keep our stuff together for the summer and have some fun.
                I will be getting my chassis cert at Milan April 16 and making some passes for my license if the weather cooperates. Its a TnT day so if you want to come out we could do a few runs and if I have time I could video your car leaving. If you're interested in a cert they may be able to fit you in.
                I will have the exhaust off, an air pan and a chin spoiler for better aero to try to sneak into the 8's?. Shoot high and see what happens coming off a 9.11 last fall without any of the previously mentioned changes.
                I think I'm gonna try tire pressures in the 14#-17# range being that
                my junk is a fair amount lighter than most street style cars.. plus I
                want to see if I need the added weight of fuel in the back or run it
                on less than a quarter tank... I think/hope my ladder bars are set
                decent for the hit.... plenty of things to look at on a new car... I've
                never been lucky on a first time out to even be close on the chassis
                settings... but I'm trying to use past data of my other junk to get this
                close

Comment

With Leafs and SA shocks I am in the 17# range on my 325/50 DR's. Hoosier and MT didn't seem to matter. ~3500# 47% over the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post

I think I'm gonna try tire pressures in the 14#-17# range being that
                    my junk is a fair amount lighter than most street style cars.. plus I
                    want to see if I need the added weight of fuel in the back or run it
                    on less than a quarter tank... I think/hope my ladder bars are set
                    decent for the hit.... plenty of things to look at on a new car... I've
                    never been lucky on a first time out to even be close on the chassis
                    settings... but I'm trying to use past data of my other junk to get this
                    close
                    I have never had good solid fuel pressure with my cell below 1/2 full. I see it moving around just after the 1/8th. I think your ride weighs about 2700# so running the pressure low to start will help. You should consider a shakedown day before the Ugly at Ubly event. I'm not sure if LID is an okay place to do that unless you shut it off in the 1/8th but Milan may be good on a TnT to get a few runs in.
                    Talking about getting a new car dialed in... it took me a year on the Mustang. If you can do it in a few times out that would be amazing.
                    Dave
                    69 Mustang ProStreet
                    70 Torino

Comment

Its 2920# with me in it and 18 gals of fuel

Comment

So tell us I know you've been out....well how is it?
                        Dave
                        69 Mustang ProStreet
                        70 Torino

Comment

So tell us I know you've been out....well how is it?
                          So far it drive well.. I havent been out much but have about 8 miles
                          on it.. I was real low on fuel and came home.. I've been putting in
                          the inverter and that should be done tomorrow.. I wanted that in
                          there so I could run my computer so I could see the injection data..
                          so next time out I will have some data... so far I'm happy.. and this
                          trans I did myself... all the other times it was someone else doing it

The install of the inverter is done.. it tucks in behind the roll cage
                          nicely and I used the plugs that most guys use to charge their cars
                          at the track.. worked out very nice and a clean set up.. I have a
                          few more little things to get done yet... but I'm very close to being
                          done................... for now... LOL
                          Last edited by MR P-BODY; March 23, 2016, 10:39 AM.

Comment

It's time to get a bunch of street miles on it then get it to the track for some shake downs. I am really glad you are making progress after all the troubles you had.
                            Good luck and be safe.

Comment

Getting some miles on it will be tough this time of year lots of rain...
                              Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                              Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Working...
                              X