X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Walter
    replied
    got new slicks last week

also got the interior back together wednesday night.

did this thing too. i had a light left over from my interior lights and i decided to stick it to the inside of the tunnel for clutch tuning

finished up the trailer as well. it cleaned up nicely i think.

yesterday i took the car for it's maiden voyage. i'm late to the party and didn't put many miles on it, but it survived the trek. the tune needs some work but i think we can get it hammered out on the road without too much headache. it seems like mostly timing related that are the issues. i snatched a picture of it wearing the street shoes. there's just something about draglites that i love. glad i got these. wish i had more time to work on those front wheels.

as of tonight, all our stuff is loaded and i think we're ready to hit the road in the morning. i don't think i'll sleep much out of excitement honestly, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Deucemopar
    replied
    Great news Matt!

Leave a comment:

• Tommy71
    replied
    Awesome!!
    I like the part about fixing things that are already broken. Good way to look at it.

Leave a comment:

• malc
    replied
    ​Just watched the vid on your facebook page.......tasty....noisy.....

Leave a comment:

• Matt Walter
    replied
    Friday night i spent the evening pulling the trans back out, pulled the clutch apart, and to my dismay, everything looked exactly as it should. perfect. i spent 4 crucial hours pulling this apart and putting it back together and i didn't need to, lol. oh well, it gave me an opportunity to learn the clutch that much deeper. these things truly are a work of art.

Then saturday we thrashed. When i say we, i mean myself, my cousin, and a good friend Scott. i was able to get the car all together minus the hood on saturday, and closed up shop just a little after 2am. I am incredibly satisfied with how this all came together. i went live on facebook for first fire. not sure how to rip that video off and put it on youtube just yet. will look into that.

sunday morning we got up early and i grabbed the cut-off wheel and the hood, with probably a little more zeal than most would have. i have a philosophy when it comes to modifying stuff: "it doesn't work at all like it is now. the worst that can happen is i make it still not work and have to start over". i've done all sorts of stuff to all sorts of projects. ruined some parts, and made other things infinitely better. as is the case with this hood. it turned out great!

we made it to the track and managed to hit the line 5 times. the first hit was soft on purpose and the data was useless. The second hit i broke the throttle cable on the 1-2 shift. it pulled the little plastic clip that goes into the top of the pedal right off the cable. i mcguivered it back together using a small machine nut that i cut with a pair of dykes, slid over the cable, swedged, then shoved inside the plastic clip. worked amazing. #becausedragweek

the last 3 passes were good enough to count as my partial passes of an IHRA license but was not able to get the final 2 full passes in.

a very very sloppy outing truthfully, and short shifting on a conservative tune i still made a 138 mph pass.

taking tonight off. i need to rest up. then it's off to get the street manners and trailer stuff hammered out!

Leave a comment:

• malc
    replied
    We NEED to know.....

Leave a comment:

• Deucemopar
    replied
    Sweet. Let us know how it went!!

Leave a comment:

• Matt Walter
    replied
    yeah got it fired up this afternoon. gonna hit the sack and grab a few hours of sleep then get up, finish up some odds and ends and go to Capitol.

Leave a comment:

• Deucemopar
    replied
    Matt. I think Capitol has T and T all Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Deucemopar
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    Oh...I meant Matt's car. But congrats to you too!
    Wasn't sure. Didn't mea step on Matts thread. Lol. Apologies Matt.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Oh...I meant Matt's car. But congrats to you too!

Leave a comment:

• Deucemopar
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    So, it runs?
    Yes. Wooot. Lol. Monday morning if it stable and during dyno tune it's ok I'd say we (well Ev lol ) got it right and it's behind us. Knock wood hard. Lol

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    So, it runs?

Leave a comment:

• Deucemopar
    replied
    Keep going Matt. All pulling for ya.

We got pumpkin started. Seemed good. Then electrical gremlin messed with us for 3 days. Fingers crossed it's slain. Lol

You got it man !

Leave a comment:

• Matt Walter
    replied
    realized last night that i had made an under-educated mistake on the adjusters for the clutch. unfortunately this means the trans needs to come out and the clutch come off and full disassembled to repair. this is cramping my style for racing tomorrow. will be hitting it hard tonight and tomorrow and hopefully will be testing somewhere sunday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X