• Show
Clear All

• Matt Walter
    replied
    craigslist score $200 later and we have a trailer

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    flashlight and extinguisher are not in my toolbox/trunk, they're in the car where I can get to them.

I bring a lot of crap I don't need, and usually don't have what I do need. Extra spark plugs are nice to have, as well as any oddball parts that you can't find at a parts store, are like to go bad, and other racers won't have. I have no idea what those would be, on your car.

Baling wire is my favorite for fixing misc. things that go wrong. Much stronger and stays put better than duct tape or zip ties.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Walter
    replied
    DVM keeps being a common theme. i'll definitely make sure i bring mine. i also see fire extinguisher recurring, and flashlights.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    DVM, duct tape and vise grips. Honorable mention to zip ties.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Walter
    replied
    as i figure out not only what i'm going to do with the car, but also what i'm going to bring along, i got to thinking about what tools i should bring, what i should definitely not bring and some sort of "absolute essentials list" of things i can't live without.

so, i figured i'd ask. what 3 things in your toolbox/trailer/trunk would you say are non-negotiables. these would be things you absolutely could not do without. please don't include tire changing tools as that's sort of a given. so lets hear it!

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    that car has a huge trans tunnel! Looking good....

Leave a comment:

• Matt Walter
    replied
    got some work done saturday before the new year rang in honestly, i was really concerned about shifter placement, until i got it in the car that is. ergonomically, i couldn't have asked for better placement. it's close to me, but not so close i'm riding all over it down the road or anything. the bolsters on the seat keep my legs from falling into it.

it did take some cutting, but nothing real major. i'll build a nice removable panel to cover this up.

having way too much fun with this thing

getting acclimated :) no it's not been converted to RHD. the phone reversed the image on me :/

That's all for now. Happy New Year!

Leave a comment:

• Matt Walter
    replied
    my biggest goal right now was to get the car up on stands before the end of the year. i was able to do that today thankfully. i got a few key measurements done and let me tell ya, that vertigate takes up huge amounts of room, lol! as it sits, i think it's going to be really crowding my legs, but i have a few ideas.

also i got a new toy that i'm pretty pumped about. 2" punch and bead die from Eastwood. taking my speed hole game to the next level

Leave a comment:

• Matt Walter
    replied
    things are moving slowly ahead, lol. trans and bellhousing are on hand.

mock-up in the car to start later this week
    Last edited by Matt Walter; December 19, 2016, 07:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 340Cuda
    replied
    Last year it was December, year before I think it was April or May, so who knows.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Walter
    replied
    anyone know when the track list is typically released?

Leave a comment:

• Matt Walter
    replied
    pa racing stuff is lighter and fits better this picture is from early last year. i'll have new pictures up with the new trans in i'm sure soon.

Leave a comment:

• malc
    replied

I want all this Spohn stuff under my Camaro.........I have the adjustable Panhard bar.......itīs a start...

Leave a comment:

• Matt Walter
    replied
    Originally posted by Nate View Post
    A white Thirdgen with 3 pedals? Sounds good to me!

I we can all be there next year Matt, and even better if we all make it to the 2nd annual Stick Shift Shootout.
    I can't wait to finally meet you and do 3-pedal white thirdgen stuff together!
    Last edited by Matt Walter; November 9, 2016, 06:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Walter
    replied
    Originally posted by racefast View Post
    if you have not acquired your gf5r yet I have on I can make you a deal on
    i'm working with g-force directly, as well as cale aronson. the trans hasn't been fully paid for yet, so i guess i could cancel the order, but doing it this way will allow me to have the trans built with the exact ratios needed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X