• Show
Clear All

thanks a bunch guys!
    http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
    Join The Militia

Comment

New baby.......new smells...😄😄😄

Congratulations..☺
      Last edited by malc; February 15, 2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Congratulations!
        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
        DW- 12,16,17
        "Stay thirsty my friends"
        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

things are slow going as you can imagine, but i got the shifter box basically made. i only tried 4 or 5 different designs before settling, lol! also the driveshaft loop parts showed up this week so that will be making it's way in the car over the weekend or so. i got sick for 3 days after the new baby showed up and that put a real damper on progress, to the point i had to reschedule one of the side jobs because i just can't justify getting the car out of the garage just yet.

here's the shifter box. i am going to have a local buddy make a top cover from aluminum on the mill at his work.

you can see here just how close it is to the seat.

in other news, i picked up a set of cheapy china built wheels for the street. the rears are surprisingly light at just 16lbs a piece. they're a 15x8 with 5.5" backspacing. the fronts are 17x4.5" and are a little over 20lbs a piece. no tires for the fronts yet so no full pictures, but i don't hate the way they look

more to come!
          Join The Militia

Comment

i'm in

the weight lifted off the shoulders from getting that confirmation screen was intense, lol!
            Join The Militia

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Walter View Post
              i'm in

the weight lifted off the shoulders from getting that confirmation screen was intense, lol!
              ​No kidding ...

Comment

Some goodies showed up late last week. The header parts started trickling in

We ran the combo through pipemax and came up with a double stepped primary and a merge collector for absolute best performance. I'm waiting on the mandrel bends for the primaries yet, but things are moving along there.

The driveshaft loop needed to be addressed since everything has moved around a good bit. I decided to get a universal ebay kit and make it fit like I wanted to and I took care of that this weekend as well.

I have since put some gussets where the bolt tabs weld to the tubing in the frame and have blown it all back apart for paint. I'm very happy with how this stuff has turned out so far.

We were having some problems with the baby calming down sunday or monday (can't remember now it all runs together :p ) I decided to introduce her to the SpeedMu11et. she calmed right down and went to sleep. I hope I end up with 2 girls that love hotrods even half as much as I do (because anyone loving them as much as I do is clearly unhealthy!)

Lastly, I got the tunnel mods all buttoned up. Very glad this part is done

Jim and Reid at VRE, Steven at Cam Motion, Martin Smallwood and myself hammered down the cam specs finally. The 4 of them all had their rendition and we decided that all 4 would perform basically the same (peak numbers all within 6hp and ranges moved all within 2-300 rpm, so it was really splitting hairs at that point). Since everyone was so determined that their grind get used, I decided that we would allow chance to decide the fate, and proceeded to flip 2 coins (a penny and a quarter). Both landed on heads and a cam was chosen. It will forever be referred to as "PHQH"

That's all for this morning. I'll update more as things come along.

In the meantime, I'm putting together some cool swag so keep an eye out for that!
                Join The Militia

Comment

the weather here has lost it's mind. it was 70 thursday. friday? well....

it is frigid cold this weekend too, and looks like we're going to get a possible 10"+ of the white stuff monday night. in the mean time, i have 2 days worth of kerosene and am in the garage as much as possible this weekend to try to get a few more things done since i have 2 cars supposed to come over for sidework soon.

the rest of the headers showed up

also, built my trailer hitch/chute mount. i have to build 1 more of these as one of the guys that is bringing his car over wants one, but mine is done

i will need to build the actual chute pack mount still, but waiting on that for a little later.

hoping to get more done soon, but about to have to work on some paying gigs, lol!
                  Last edited by Matt Walter; March 11, 2017, 09:40 PM.
                  Join The Militia

Comment

Looks great, you do nice work!
                    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                    1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

thank you, i appreciate the kind words

last night i couldn't help but think about a story i read about a guy last year breaking his parachute mount that was doubling for a trailer hitch, so this morning after breakfast i made a brace. this brace rests against the back wall of the car and should help bear some of the load of the trailer.

i may be able to start on the headers soon.
                      Join The Militia

Comment

started header fit up this week the passenger's side is all mocked/tacked up and waiting final welding and i have started on the driver's side.

i realized i bought way too many bends for the bigger steps and not enough for the smaller first step, so i have to get more bends, and ship back what i didn't use.

in other news, i ordered my front street tires from Jeg's. some 28x6-17 s/r radials from Mickey Thompson. Jeg's boxes these to keep fedex/ups from charging them a non-box fee. well i guess fedex lost one so i gotta deal with that monday when things open up. how they can be shipped at the same time, be tracked as reaching each location at the same time, and getting lost between the main MD depot and the local depot for delivery is beyond me. hopefully it shows up soon.

also had some hats made up. i'm selling them for $24/ea shipped. these are a 1 size fits most and use a velcro adjusting strap. if anyone wants one, pm me

Last edited by Matt Walter; March 18, 2017, 04:28 PM.
                        Join The Militia

Comment

OMG. Dude, you look like my eldest son. And his name is the same ... lol ... As i was scrolling reading, I was like - wtf is Matt's pic coming up for ...

Great work BTW ... see you in Sept .... or earlier we hit any local T&T at same time.

Comment

This week has been mostly spent working on a side job that came over Monday evening, and pumping out steering shafts, so progress has slowed, however i did get the driver's side header about half-way mocked up before i ran out of material. headers should be fully mocked up by the end of the weekend, then i can figure out what i'm going to do to final weld, though that may not happen right away.

over the winter i comissioned a friend's wife to draw me a cartoon for the SpeedMu11et to be used on shirts and maybe stickers and stuff. i'm really excited about this as it turned out exactly as i was hoping

the new shirt design turned out great and i am doing a pre-order now so get with me if you'd like one! they're $25/ea shipped for the first shirt and $20/ea for each additional shirt within the same shipment. 3xl and larger add $3. i'm hoping to place the order in about a week, the order process takes about 2 weeks, then i'll get them shipped out from there. so about a 3.5 week turn around from today is expected.

oh! almost forgot. the dimple die tool i got for Christmas from my cousin Chucky was finally put to use this weekend. i used it to restore a little integrity to the inner fenders, and give it a neat look too.

more to come
                            Join The Militia

Comment

Originally posted by Deucemopar View Post
                              OMG. Dude, you look like my eldest son. And his name is the same ... lol ... As i was scrolling reading, I was like - wtf is Matt's pic coming up for ...

Great work BTW ... see you in Sept .... or earlier we hit any local T&T at same time.
                              lol!!! i too am the oldest, lol. You're not Mark Walter in a Mopar disguise are you?! can't wait to meet everyone!
                              Last edited by Matt Walter; March 23, 2017, 05:57 AM.
                              Join The Militia

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Walter View Post
                                lol!!! i too am the oldest, lol. You're not Mark Walter in a Mopar disguise are you?! can't wait to meet everyone!
                                No. But my first name is Mark. Rofl.

Comment

Working...
                                X