No announcement yet.

trying again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omg, this could not get any funnier! lol! i see you're in VA. whereabouts?
    http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
    Join The Militia

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Walter View Post
      omg, this could not get any funnier! lol! i see you're in VA. whereabouts?
      Lol. Northern VA. Near Manassas. You're in Southern MD?

Comment

i'm in central MD, Westminster area. we're about 2 hours from each other. when do you intend to leave for drag week? maybe we can caravan out there!
        Join The Militia

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Walter View Post
          i'm in central MD, Westminster area. we're about 2 hours from each other. when do you intend to leave for drag week? maybe we can caravan out there!
          We're probably leaving Friday before. Try to make it easy drive ... maybe stop half way .. or if we push through then have Saturday rest up lol

Would be cool if we can make it work!

Comment

Originally posted by Deucemopar View Post

We're probably leaving Friday before. Try to make it easy drive ... maybe stop half way .. or if we push through then have Saturday rest up lol

Would be cool if we can make it work!
            We're doing the same thing. We started last year short on sleep, it was not very smart.

Comment

Originally posted by wondermut View Post

We're doing the same thing. We started last year short on sleep, it was not very smart.
              Ya. Don't expect sleep ... lol ... trying to start rested at least ...

Comment

valve covers showed up. i need more space for the new rockers, and spring oilers to keep the springs happy on the street since the cam is pretty big on lift. these are beautiful.

driver's side header is all tacked up now too.

the headers turned out great in my opinion, and visually very similar side to side

plug access is excellent as well. will get final welding taken care of soon as the front plate has to go to the engine builder and i need to finish up what i'm doing with it first, lol.

i'll have more to share soon i hope. another side job is here so that's taking priority right now.
                Join The Militia

Comment

Sweet!!!!!

Comment

when are the routes released?
                    Join The Militia

Comment

The morning of that day. :D

11ish if I remember right. They hand them out on paper ... but I think they also release them on-line.
                      Last edited by Deucemopar; April 2, 2017, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Driving directions are given out when/where you hand in your timeslip for the day. Sometimes HRM will post them online later that day, but not always.

Comment

been a little while since my last update. been doing some side stuff to help cover the cost of this years operation, lol! anyway, i did realize that the input shaft support i was going to use with the original type input shaft speed sensor for the logger just isn't going to work. between the stack height and the fact that the sensor just won't go in the hole of the bell once installed in the input support i figured i'd explore more options. good thing i did. gforce offers an optical type speed sensor that uses the teeth on the input drive gear as the reluctor wheel. it was justa matter of taking the trans back up to gforce and having them drill, mill, and thread for the sensor.

bubba at g-force getting down to business.

guts!

and sensor all installed and trans back together

I also borrowed a tig welder and am going to try my hand at welding these headers myself. it's been 13 years since i had a TIG torch in my hand, and that was only in a classroom setting. The good news is, i can weld these pieces of scrap together without blowing them apart and it looks like the seams will definitely seal! However, the welds are fairly ugly and i'm going to practice a good bit more before trying to do the headers themselves.

pistons arrived at the builder. Wiseco knocked these out of the park (yeah i know that's a JE box, but wiseco was who was commissioned to build the pistons)

once the headers are fully welded and the exhaust is built, the front motor plate will go to the builder for accessory placement, and i will start more on the bay itself to get it ready. got a few show car type things i want to do in the engine bay, lol. mainly just cleaning everything up, do some welding on the strut towers to clean and strengthen them, and generally get it ready for a repaint. (engine bay only).

here's to forward motion!
                          Join The Militia

Comment

Keep it coming !

Comment

Great progress, though it's making me feel like quite the slacker haha

Comment

to be honest, and not to sound like i am tooting my own horn at all, i'm disappointed in my progress at this point in the season. i was hoping to be making smoke already by this point in april and get to testing by mid-may. that's not going to happen at this rate, lol. in years past i've been able to stay more focused, but i've never tried to run a program at the level i think this car will be at, so it's all pretty new to me, lol!
                                Join The Militia

Comment

Working...
                                X