No announcement yet.

trying again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome effort, and a great write up to bring us all right there with you! Good job!

Comment

• Thanks all for the kind words and encouragement! here's my first real update since we got home from drag week.

The engine was repaired and reassembled 3 weeks ago. we scheduled the dyno session for this coming Saturday. I'm excited to see what it puts down. Once things are good to go, i'll schedule a time to go get the engine from IL. in the mean time, i know i have a few things to address with the car so i ordered and installed a set of 5.14 gears, hoping this really wakes things up as the in-car video from Byron shows i'm going into high gear about 1000', and the engine labors from there to the end of the track, struggling to accelerate much further. I believe this is going to help not only ET, but we'll see a MPH increase because it'll get to spend the last 1/8 mile in high gear, really getting into the meaty part of the power band.

in other news, the geometry on the clutch slave cylinder was pulling the fork at a funky angle, and ultimately had the throwout bearing slightly cocked, which wore the input shaft bearing support pretty badly. i ordered a fresh one of those and am contemplating how to deal with the fork angle. i'll likely end up moving the fork from the 9 o'clock position to the 7:30 position, which will require some pretty heavy bell modifications. this will, of course, void my SFI rating, which sort of bums me out, but not enough to not do it. I am more than confident I can patch this back together so that it's better than what it was before. I may send the bell to quicktime to have them consider making one with the new clocking for other thirdgen guys that may not have the ability to do this same thing as I do.

i also sent the clutch back to Black Magic for inspection. Cale is very happy with how it fared the trip, and is going to resurface it, cut the clutch disc, and send me a new disc too so i have a spare. Working with him and Tinzy is so easy it's scary.

i started a 3rd new job this year, lol. things at ATI just weren't working out like we thought it may. I learned a lot and hope i may have taught them some things too. We left on great terms and I highly recommend their products for those that may require anything they sell. JC is good people. I have taken a position at a chassis shop just west of Philly and will move my family up here soon. It's a small shop, the 2 owning partners, Jeff Moyer, and myself for a grand total of 4 employees. It's an amazing work environment and i'm working on racecar stuff all day now. this is literally my dream job.

That's all for now. I am hoping I get to go out one more time with the new gears and working racepak to grab some good end-of-the-year data before I put the car away for some time. I'll keep ya posted!
      http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
      Join The Militia

Comment

• How many gears in the transmission? I wonder if you'd be better off going the other way with the rear end gears, so you don't get it into high gear?

Great to hear about the new job, hope it keeps going well

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• it's a 5 speed. 5th is 1:1. ideally, we'll go through the traps in the top of 5th. it will be faster this way.
          Join The Militia

Comment

• Yup, it might have been an overdrive....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• we doing non-drag week testing right now, lol!
              Join The Militia

Comment

Working...
              X