Question on old school, and wrecks..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on old school, and wrecks..

I Was watching old D/w feeds and urban hillbilly/etc video .and had this question going through my head..

Back when I started racing everyone used pizza cutters up front.. and Everyone still does.. That said..
    With todays power levels and the tire technology to get it to hook, and the added track prep..
    Would running wider like street front tires.. help you steer when you get out of shape.. as it looks like the pizza cutters are utterly useless..
    I understand the need for that "fix " of that last thousand of a second.. but really, how much today do you really loose carrying 10 lb more and maybe being able to keep it off the wall..
    discuss...

I've never put mine into the wall, but I expect the rear goes sideways so quick that it doesn't really matter what width front tires you have.

Interesting observation.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

In my experience, a modern street radial up front with some bias ply slicks out back becomes full white knuckle evil handling at 100+ mph. I went BACK to the pizza cutters.

Comment

Wonder if the fronts were bias ply.. if it be the same way..

Comment

mine is exciting at 130 with skinny bias up front and skinny slicks in back.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post
            Wonder if the fronts were bias ply.. if it be the same way..
            It seems bias plies on the front too definitely help, regardless of size.

Comment

Working...
            X