Dragweek round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragweek round 2

I ran dragweek in 2011 in my 68 nova. Since then sold the nova and bought this 68 camaro right before my wedding last September. Car has been 11.80s with the current setup. Hoping to make it a competitive car for the street machine eliminator class.
    Last edited by dougs67; March 12, 2017, 08:47 AM.
    Drag Week 2011: Finished with best pass of 12.21 at 107mph

That should be fun!
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

awesome man! keep us posted here on your progress
      http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
      Join The Militia

Comment

Cool!!!!! Let us know how its coming along!

Comment

I'm hoping I get my junk running right to get in and
          finish this year.. tried twice but trans issues kept me
          out

Comment

Like the car, good luck

This year I'm betting to be competitive (to make top 32) for the street machine eliminator you'll need to knock about a second off that 11.80. I believe to make it in the top 32 last year you needed to be better than 11.26.

Drag Week 2014 Broke down on the drive to Tulsa https://www.bangshift.com/forum/core...y-angry019.gif
            Drag Week 2015 Street Machine Eliminator Finished
            Drag Week 2016 out day one, better luck next year I hope
            Drag Week 2017 out day one second pass trans went, next year in question https://www.bangshift.com/forum/core...y-angry034.gif

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG View Post
              Like the car, good luck

This year I'm betting to be competitive (to make top 32) for the street machine eliminator you'll need to knock about a second off that 11.80. I believe to make it in the top 32 last year you needed to be better than 11.26.
              Yup .. it was 11.2X ... cant remember last digit ... lol

Comment

I agree I think you'll need 10.90's to secure a spot in the Top 32 Street Eliminator Bracket Race.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG View Post
                  Like the car, good luck

​There a good chance if your not running 10.50s your not in

Comment

We were the last car to get in on the ladder with a 11.1954 average for the week.
                    Worked out pretty good for us in the end, though.

2015 Street Machine Eliminator Runner-up
                    2016 Street Machine Eliminator Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_62 View Post
                      We were the last car to get in on the ladder with a 11.1954 average for the week.
                      That's you! Awesome man. Are you in for this year?

Comment

Thanks for replys... I'm going to do some motor passes on April 22nd and see what it does. If it runs decent then I will be looking into a nitrous setup and installing 6pt roll cage. Really would like to get the car to mid 10s if all goes well.
                        Drag Week 2011: Finished with best pass of 12.21 at 107mph

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_62 View Post

Sure did, I thought Connie Lejune was going to get you on the top end. You we're chopping that tree down! Congrats on the win.

Comment

One of the many reasons I took off this year was to make sure I could run solidly in the tens when I hopefully go in 2018. I averaged 11.15ish for the week and was like #28 or something. I won two rounds on reaction time and the car was slowing down and I could not run my number when Dino was good on the tree and knocked me out 3rd round. 2018 I hope to have found enough power to run 10s in the drag week air. It has been 10.83 since DW in pretty good air. The SME class is no joke depsite what those class racers say
                            1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                            1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

yup, Gasser A is a slower class than SME!
                              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                              X