Dragweek round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
    One of the many reasons I took off this year was to make sure I could run solidly in the tens when I hopefully go in 2018. I averaged 11.15ish for the week and was like #28 or something. I won two rounds on reaction time and the car was slowing down and I could not run my number when Dino was good on the tree and knocked me out 3rd round. 2018 I hope to have found enough power to run 10s in the drag week air. It has been 10.83 since DW in pretty good air. The SME class is no joke depsite what those class racers say
    That's nice progress since last year. I am going to assume you are N/A so finding 3 tenths and being dependent on weather conditions. If others are making similar progress I'd say 3 tenths above where Dave 62 was since he was 32nd qualifier is likely where everybody needs to be.

SME Top 32 being all 10 second cars will be quite an accomplishment.

Comment

I'm running my son's 16 Mustang again this year.. Hoping to run 10.60s in the heat have been 10.40 at 137 this spring
      Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
      Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Keep at it Doug! The car is looking good.
        Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
          I'm running my son's 16 Mustang again this year.. Hoping to run 10.60s in the heat have been 10.40 at 137 this spring
          When I started this quest for top 32 back in 2012 12.99 would get you in. (I had a 14 sec first day that knocked me out) Since then the bar keeps getting too low for a heavy pig like mine, but I keep on signing up for the abuse. (Frankenstine barn build will hopefully be ready for 2018)
          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
            When I started this quest for top 32 back in 2012 12.99 would get you in. (I had a 14 sec first day that knocked me out) Since then the bar keeps getting too low for a heavy pig like mine, but I keep on signing up for the abuse. (Frankenstine barn build will hopefully be ready for 2018)
            I've been following this since it was called the Pump Gas Drags. That's amazing that five years ago it took only a 12.99 to get into the top 32. I can take some weight out of my car, run below that not spend another penny.

But that isn't the case. I also like to compete in class index racing locally so I need to upgrade anyway not a big deal. Financially it is going to be a challenge to run below 11.00 but not impossible, the only question is can the stock internals take it; I believe they can.

If you gained a half a second a year from 2012 to 2017 = 1.5 seconds, you would it would take a 11.4 ironically, the 32nd qualifier was 11.14 average so you wouldn't have made it again.

Last edited by DjFourmoney; May 22, 2017, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DjFourmoney View Post

I've been following this since it was called the Pump Gas Drags. That's amazing that five years ago it took only a 12.99 to get into the top 32. I can take some weight out of my car, run below that not spend another penny.

But that isn't the case. I also like to compete in class index racing locally so I need to upgrade anyway not a big deal. Financially it is going to be a challenge to run below 11.00 but not impossible, the only question is can the stock internals take it; I believe they can.

If you gained a half a second a year from 2012 to 2017 = 1.5 seconds, you would it would take a 11.4 ironically, the 32nd qualifier was 11.14 average so you wouldn't have made it again.
              That would of been 2.5 seconds not 1.5 , so he would of been in I believe. Depends what the truck was running in 2012 but loosing .5 seconds per year not so easy.

Comment

Working...
              X