No announcement yet.

Now that we are in ... here is our car - 65 Barracuda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would definitely suggest some more street worthy gears or an overdrive. Definitely put a few trips of 100+ miles on it on the street- that will tell you all about that car and how it rides/ handles/ drives on long runs. Make sure one of those trips is on a really hot day. Think big radiator!

Good luck!
    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      Good luck with that plan!
      Funny you say that .. lol ... just came back from the shop ... I know the hardcore Mopar guys will not forgive me .. but we're going to drop in an ATI Pro T400 with Supercase. Bit of overkill now .. but down the line think its better decision. And more affordable than equivalent TF by far.
      Last edited by Deucemopar; March 6, 2017, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange65 View Post
        I would definitely suggest some more street worthy gears or an overdrive. Definitely put a few trips of 100+ miles on it on the street- that will tell you all about that car and how it rides/ handles/ drives on long runs. Make sure one of those trips is on a really hot day. Think big radiator!

Good luck!
        Thanks for ideas! Ya .. final gear ratio is still TBD. See what we have once its done. As is always - budget is blown past plans already ... would love GV overdrive ...

We're definitely going to give it some good road time. Here in VA in July and August the "heat and humidity" test is easy .... lol.

Also thinking of taking the 65 to Chrysler Carlisle in July as well and leave Challenger at home. We stay about 27 miles from the fairgrounds. And we go to some Thursday events - so that would be 150+ mile test.

Comment

I love it! We have 2-65's 1nd 1 66. The 65's have always had a spot in my mind for a fun light weight drag car. The 66 is essentially a parts machine due to rust.

Nice start!
          HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
          DW- 12,16,17
          "Stay thirsty my friends"
          The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by RAIV70Judge View Post
            I love it! We have 2-65's 1nd 1 66. The 65's have always had a spot in my mind for a fun light weight drag car. The 66 is essentially a parts machine due to rust.

Nice start!
            Thanks! Ironic (from your pic), GTO Judge is on our list ... lol .... I started out Pointiac dude when I was younger - firebirds, trans ams, ... nice ride!

Comment

Love it, we will see you there!

Comment

Originally posted by wondermut View Post
                Love it, we will see you there!
                Roger that .. thanks !!!

Comment

Good looking ride.. I use to have one of them YEARS ago.. I
                  hope to have my junk running right this year to make the run..
                  I'm running a 416ci small block with a 518 trans Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140528_121241894_HDR-w640-h479.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1150238

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                    Good looking ride.. I use to have one of them YEARS ago.. I
                    hope to have my junk running right this year to make the run..
                    I'm running a 416ci small block with a 518 trans [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1150238[/ATTACH]
                    Thanks! Hope to see you there!

Comment

Update - first crank was bent .... packing box was smashed on end .... obviously dropped at some point. We just got second one in ... and my buddy (builder) just texted me video of it rolling nice. Next week he'll have it balanced and short block done ... woot. Heads and cam suppose to arrive by end next week too.

MT ET street radial pros came in and mounted. Needed to see before figuring out which cal tracs to order. Old tires rear tires were 29.5/11.5/15 - the big rake was needed because they hung out of the wheel well lip. The MT's are narrower and we should be able to get at least part of wheel tucked in and rear lower.

I like the ol school rake look ... but of course functionality has to come first ... lol. She's tubbed but mini. Maintained OE frame rail with inset hangers for leaf springs. Losing some footprint (and height ... we have to see what that does with 4.56 rear .. prob not huge ... losing maybe .75" ) but figuring/hoping new rear end set-up will more than make up for it. Did confirm it has some nice Strange axels.

I'll try to get some more pics ... y'all have great weekend!
                      Last edited by Deucemopar; March 17, 2017, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Heads and cal tracs coming Monday. Heavy lifting starts! Lol

Rotations assembly balanced and in. Intake work, injector ports, fuel rails, etc coming along.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by wondermut View Post
                            Looking good!

Thanks! All I've been able to do lately is piddley stuff ... put in new 4 post cut off switch, get new M/T's mounted, etc. Be nice when they can drop motor in, trans arrives, etc.

Comment

Cool car and good planning. Look forward to seeing how you guys do and how much fun you have.
                              Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
                                Cool car and good planning. Look forward to seeing how you guys do and how much fun you have.
                                Thanks Rich. You going this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X