No announcement yet.

Now that we are in ... here is our car - 65 Barracuda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ev and Dave?If I were a betting man Id say EB3 is doing the build.Picked a great place to take it.Tell them that Don McGinnis from Topeka says hello.Met them 2 my first year of DW in 2007.The year of The Thrash.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
      Ev and Dave?If I were a betting man Id say EB3 is doing the build.Picked a great place to take it.Tell them that Don McGinnis from Topeka says hello.Met them 2 my first year of DW in 2007.The year of The Thrash.LOL
      Yup. Lol. Great guys. Was that the year Ev was running around looking for a drive shaft minutes before last hit, last day? We're heading out of town for doc appt, but will tell them when we get back Thursday for sure !

They've been awesome. They've let me hang around and help with what I can. And I've learned a ton.

Comment

Yep.We were all standing there with tools and parts in hand to thrash.He got out and his concern was a driveshaft and Mike had one that would fit out of his Cuda.Ask him about the gas driveoff prank we did to Larson.It was great to see Ev last year.Just wish he would have had better luck.

Comment

Yep.We were all standing there with tools and parts in hand to thrash.He got out and his concern was a driveshaft and Mike had one that would fit out of his Cuda.Ask him about the gas driveoff prank we did to Larson.It was great to see Ev last year.Just wish he would have had better luck.
          LOL. I will for sure. Its all his fault we are into this drag week thing. Last year 2 days before they were leaving he was telling us about it Long story short We were like. Awesome. So we went and followed And that was that. As they say!!!

Comment

Don, Ev and the gang say hi! He told us the story about the gas and go. ROFL. Too funny.

Here's quick video I put together today. Ev getting basic tune in. Tomorrow the dyno and hopefully first road exercise. Lol. And fingers crossed for test and tune over weekend!!
            Engine size: 383 bored/stroked to 431 c.i. (4.25 x 3.375 to 4.28 x 3.75) Transmission: ATI PRO T400 TRANSMISSION, Pro w/Supercase and transbrake Gear Vendors...

Comment

Awesome.Cant wait to check it out.Im coming to Cordova for the start.

Comment

Awesome.Cant wait to check it out.Im coming to Cordova for the start.
                Awesome. I'll let guys know you'll be there. Pretty sure Ev is going.

We've been chasing electrical gremlins for 3 days. It will run - Then lose this sensor, crank trigger, that sensor, where's cam signal, etc lol. Drops timing to 2 degrees on its own. Back and forth up and down. Ev, Nick, Alan, Dave, Mike. Whole team has been freaking awesome dealing with this BS and grinding.

Harness in. Harness out. Harness in. Out. Cut apart. Trace this. Test that. Ground here. Ground there. This morning Ev was in at 7am today making changes figured out from deciphering everything. Seems to run correct now. Just wants to ensure few more things so nothing can creep up and bite us. Plug and play ain't always what it's wrapped up to be. Lol.

So knock wood and pray ... the new-build demons are slayed . Lol. All part of the game.

Be great to meet you! See ya soon. Hell or high water!
                Last edited by Deucemopar; August 26, 2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to it.Ask Ev about Americas best Value Inn in Hebron Ohio at the start of DW last year.Another epic adventure. LOL

Comment

Looking forward to it.Ask Ev about Americas best Value Inn in Hebron Ohio at the start of DW last year.Another epic adventure. LOL
                    LOL. roger!

Comment

Originally posted by Deucemopar View Post

Awesome. I'll let guys know you'll be there. Pretty sure Ev is going.

We've been chasing electrical gremlins for 3 days. It will run - Then lose this sensor, crank trigger, that sensor, where's cam signal, etc lol. Drops timing to 2 degrees on its own. Back and forth up and down. Ev, Nick, Alan, Dave, Mike. Whole team has been freaking awesome dealing with this BS and grinding.

Harness in. Harness out. Harness in. Out. Cut apart. Trace this. Test that. Ground here. Ground there. This morning Ev was in at 7am today making changes figured out from deciphering everything. Seems to run correct now. Just wants to ensure few more things so nothing can creep up and bite us. Plug and play ain't always what it's wrapped up to be. Lol.

So knock wood and pray ... the new-build demons are slayed . Lol. All part of the game.

Be great to meet you! See ya soon. Hell or high water!
                      Well. Phantom electrical BS continued. Long > short. Installed FAST XFI 2.0 and it started right up, ran, no codes, picked up all sensors, didn't drop anything. So who knows what the deal was with other. At this point we need to just run it. Dyno tomorrow and the street.

Thanks to all guys at shop for hanging in. Just one of those things. Gremlins.

Probably just another typical DW prep story. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X