Drag Week rookie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy71 View Post

Feeling the same way about the nervousness. I've got lots of room to carry stuff but can't decide right now if I should try and do the whole thing on drag radials or change tires, or what else to bring. Reminds me of backpacking, you want to bring all this stuff you "might" need but heck you can only carry so much 😃

yea i first thought about doing it all on a fresh pr of dr's..but i have rethought that? i've never been a fan of trailers or the receiver mount baskets but i'm thinking i will have one or the other...my car is a handful on rougher roads..sooo who knows?..i just need to find space for the dr's i probaly can find room for other things....this is gonna be very interesting!!!

Comment

Deucemopar, that trailer looks pretty good, larger diameter tires which is easier on the bearings I think.
      Last year I was checking out a guy that had a folding one from Harbor Freight that he mounted a roof top carrier to and still had room for his extra wheels and tires. Also was talking to someone that said if you had stock coil springs that air bags would work good for the road to offset the extra weight that we will be carrying. Just deflate the bags at the track and you're back to normal. I'm thinking that I'll get those no matter what.

Comment

Good idea with bags. Someone I know had a heavy trailer and cracked a suspension mount .. had to weld it at first track. But he was pullling heavy trailer with a trans and tons of tools. I figure with that Lowes trailer, tires, tools etc. Tongue weight will be under 100 lbs easy. We will see lol

Trick now for us is getting to IL. Our enclose trailer is 20'. Have to see how we can configure car and little trailer in it. Or may be able to put little trailer in bed of the truck.

this whole drag week thing is a bit more than first expected ... lol .... tons of details ...

Comment

Yeah, So many things to think about.

Comment

Another rookie here. Street Eliminator. Making it easy on myself. Got my rooms reserved. Now I need to scope out where all the E85 stations are.

Stoked.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsapper View Post
              Another rookie here. Street Eliminator. Making it easy on myself. Got my rooms reserved. Now I need to scope out where all the E85 stations are.

Stoked.
              Welcome! We have to scope them out also!

Comment

Welcome aboard newbies. You already beat the odds by getting registered. See ya'll in September, and don't forget to bring BACON. Just deliver to the slow green truck.
                Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
                  Welcome aboard newbies. You already beat the odds by getting registered. See ya'll in September, and don't forget to bring BACON. Just deliver to the slow green truck.
                  Thanks. I remember watching you last year. Awesome!

Comment

Stock fuel tank (with a modified pickup) in the stock location, on cars slower than 10.0, seems to work real well for keeping room in the trunk for tires, etc. If the battery and fuel tank are not in the trunk, you don't need a firewall behind the rear seat area, so you can make the trunk really big. no trailer needed. Also if you're not going real fast, and a 275 drag radial will hook ok, then you don't need to swap tires. just drive at a reasonable speed when it starts raining.

Drive'em, guys! get used to street miles, you'll see a lot of them, if things go well
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

i picked up some road tires!!! 30" tall and fit really nice!! soooo if you need a tire taller than your 275/60-15 but not as wide....265/70-15 30 tall!! they make them new if you cant find a used set..scored mine for 75 bucks!!..i have drove my dr's in the rain...not much fun 50 was max on a wet road...but my car is a handful on backroads..lol..

Comment

Thanks, that could work for me too, I'm running 275/ 60's and 4.10's and no OD so anything taller would certainly help.

Comment

yea no o/d here either. th350 with 3700 stall...those tires fit nicely without having to worry about rubbing the sidewalls when loaded full of stuff...

Comment

Working...
                          X