Which class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which class?

I was planning to get in Street machine eliminator but after looking at the rules my car fits well into one of the Street race classes. I'm not going to be fast enough to get into the bracket race at the end in SME and would likely finish mid pack in Street race. So....is there any advantage running one class over the other?

Squirrel and the veterans can help more than me - but one advantage of the other classes (non-SME) is they go round1. So if you get a good pass, you can get on the road earlier.

Rd1 - all classes but SME. Rd2 - SME. Rd3 - everyone. At least that's way its been before.

Comment

Originally posted by Deucemopar View Post
      Squirrel and the veterans can help more than me - but one advantage of the other classes (non-SME) is they go round1. So if you get a good pass, you can get on the road earlier.

Rd1 - all classes but SME. Rd2 - SME. Rd3 - everyone. At least that's way its been before.
      That is a big advantage. People were already heading out as we were pulling in.

Comment

There are pros and cons for running in the first run group...like was mentioned, you can get done and leave early, and get to the next hotel while it's still light out. But then you miss all the drama and excitement of the rest of the day's activities at the strip, and on the road.

Although if you run early, you can still stick around and watch the rest of the racing, then head out when most folks are already on the road, and you'll get to pass by all the guys having fun fixing stuff.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Good points, thanks for the tips.

Comment

I always run SME and I try to be one pass and done so I can hit the road. While getting on the road is appealing I do like to watch the first session after I have prepped my car. My combo has been pretty reliable so I have been able to make it through the route in time to get cleaned up, eat a good meal, and get some sleep.
            1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
            1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Working...
            X