Spools at Drag week for the big tire guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spools at Drag week for the big tire guys

A friend is trying to determine what to do with his car. He runs a 16X32 tire and was thinking about what to do for street driving it from track to track. He has driven it around town for years with a spool but a 1000+ mile trek is a different animal. For the big tire guys what do you do?
    I run a spool for the entire event
    100.00%
    I swap center sections at the track
    0%

i think gear ratio will be more of a concern overall than the spool honestly. guys street drive with spools all day. just be sure you have good axles.
    http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
    Join The Militia

Comment

The spool will be fine
      Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

I've run 4 events including the 1400 mile year with a spool and 31x18.5 Hoosier Pro streets on the road / 32x17.5 ET Streets at the track. 33 spline axles. I just replaced my 13 year old Moser axle bearings but upon inspection they seemed fine. I did slow down in rain but it was more of having the balloons out back with all that surface area wanting to hydroplane. The only time it sucks is trying to push it and turn but you've probably already experienced that.
        Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Its a go for the spool....

Comment

Working...
          X