No announcement yet.

Anyone ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not registered this year and my car is more ready than it ever has been lol.
    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
    1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Between work travel I'm trying my damnedest to get my car ready for RMRW. If nothing happens to the car in July I'll leave it in KC with friends and then head back out to DW in Sept.

btw: Randal, I can drive by there on 80 and pick you up on the way out...or we can cruise out there together.... just sayin'

Came in to lookup torque specs on the trans stuff and done with that so back out I go. Good luck all.
      Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Registration? Who needs it, everybody who shows gets in (no guarantee) Finished car? That's what the tech line is for. Ya'll will be fine.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Embryo86 View Post
          Last fall I decided to give DragWeek a go seeing as it's close to home. Against better judgement I thought it would be great to finally build my Malibu I've owned for 5 or so years. The 25.5 cage, backhalf, and front suspension are done and now I'm neck deep in interior sheetmetal work. Basically 90 days out and I still have to build the engine/trans, fully plumb, wire, and build a turbo system. It's kind of depressing really, but I'll keep on pushing forward.
          Well, this is making me feel better about my situation

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

I tried to intentionally get a low wait list number only to find weeks later my phone never sent the e-mail. First and only time I've ever had that happen. Go figure. Shame too, as it's looking I'm going to be able to take a well deserved break from work the second half of September.
            I am not on any waiting list, never got a reply either.

They will accept walk up entries.

1) All registered entries, if less than 300 they go...
            2) To the wait list, after everybody on the wait list is contacted, after some have said they can't make if they still don't have 300 entries, then
            3) Who ever is around and wants to enter can do so if they have the money I believe it's $429. More people balk at that than you think.

According to those who know if you are there they will take you anyway because they know they will lose an entry or two on the first day of the event. I believe just over 250 cars made it to the finish.
            Last edited by DjFourmoney; June 15, 2017, 09:01 PM.

Comment

all this makes me feel better about my junk. lol so this is a dream of mine and at 54, no time to be letting things go by!!! so i have a sketchy car , sketchy driver (me), the second worst navigator known to mankind , only one motel...a tent...one credit card near its limit..no time no money....PERFECT!!!

Comment

Mid July is now mid Aug. lol. Added stuff like full cage, new front end, etc. etc. been down at the shop every day for 3 weeks doing as much as I can to help accelerate. Fun but stressing me out. Lol.
                Last edited by Deucemopar; July 29, 2017, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Good thing Dragweek is next month. Hard to say how much I'd end up spending if I had more time!! 4 car trailer wheel/ tires, 4 "road" tires, and a new driveshaft this week so far.
                  Last edited by Tommy71; August 3, 2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X