Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting closer. Who is still planning on going???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was posted in previous years, but exactly what info are they wanting for tech? (Wait lister here) Insurance, driver's license, state registration, etc? Oh, and is it cash only for registration payment?
    GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

they sent out an email to all the registered folks, but not the wait list, so I guess you're supposed to just guess? or read the rules carefully, and do what they say?

here are pics of some of the stuff they sent
      Click image for larger version

Name:	tech inspetion sheet.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	1172318

Name:	race info 1.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	262.8 KB
ID:	1172319

Name:	race info 2.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	1172320

Name:	race info 3.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	1172321

Name:	race info 4.jpg
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	1172322

Name:	race info 5.jpg
Size:	328.0 KB
ID:	1172323

Name:	race info 6.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	1172324

in addition, there is a long tech sheet that you need to fill out to provide info about your car, so the HRM guys who write the articles on the event can get the details right. They have blanks there at the event to fill in, maybe if you think you'll get in, go visit Tonya and ask if she has one (before you get too close to the front end of the line).
      Attached Files
      Last edited by squirrel; August 31, 2017, 07:32 PM.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I've decided to go as a ride along. First time at drag week, so am excited to see what it's all about.
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Have fun Bruce and send me a few pix if you can. Maybe next year for me.
          DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Was wondering, If you are bringing your car to the first track on a car trailer for tech. do people usually load the car back up on the trailer and bring it back the next day (first race day) or do they leave the tow rigs at the track Saturday night and just drive the car back on Monday? Looks like they want your tow rig in the holding area very early on Monday morning.

Comment

I think most guys leave the car off the trailer, but you can do whatever you want. I like to unload the car at the hotel and drive it around, and my copilot drives the truck to the track Sunday and drops the trailer off in the trailer lot.

you can get access to it up until the driver meeting Monday morning...

My fabulous web page

Comment

of course, if you just drive the car to the event, then you don't need to deal with any of that crap. And it's a hell of a fun trip....

[ATTACH] For the past few years, I've participated in Hot Rod Magazine's Drag Week. This is where we race at a drag strip, then drive the race car to...

My fabulous web page

Comment

Thanks for the info Squirrel. Driving there does sound fun if it weren't for the 4.10 gears I might try it. Already felt my heart beat increase when I read that thing about day 2 being mostly all interstate driving..oh well too late to do anything about it now....except slow down.

Comment

I swapped in the 4.10s when we got to St Louis....3.00 for the highway. If you don't have a rear that that's easy to do, yeah, it's a bitch. Get a Gear Vendors next year! I like mine

My fabulous web page

Comment

then again, I did the whole Drag Week with 4.10s, and it wasn't bad. Trick is to travel with someone else who also drives slow
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

Yup, I've got a 12 bolt so a gear swap is out.
                        Just gonna leave as early as possible and wave to everyone as they pass me haha

Comment

It's all that my sleep deprived brain can come up with now

Comment

You'll be fine. But yeah, traveling with one or two other cars that have similar setups, really works out well. See you who can find.
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

the Chebby update..motor in and running!!! i have great friends!! got about an hour on it, so an oil change in the morning..then drive!!!..i still have to put the hood on...i was able to score a room in Clinton...the crank ate the thrust bearing and is now dead..new crank is in and doing its thing!!

Comment

i do want to say this forum is great..the info and pc of mind are huge..HR did return my email and said"It’s your responsibility to insure the car is suitable for the class they wish to enter.

Hot Rod Tech.
                                " a/gas for me!!

Comment

Working...
                                X