Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting closer. Who is still planning on going???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting closer. Who is still planning on going???

Have any members thrown in the towel, and started planning on 2018? Who is still going? Squirrel??? SilverBuick???

I'm in....although I noticed a tick in the motor after I got home from the Meltdown Drags, and I need to look into that....

meantime, I'm headed to the LeMons Rally again in the middle of August, in another old heap.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Still going. Shaking it down next Fri, I have a strange noise also, hopefully 5-10 passes will make it go away lol.
      Last edited by wondermut; July 19, 2017, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Still in, though probably like everyone else the to do list is still long.

Comment

I'm still in, and I guarandamtee that it will not be a parade lap this year! The HemiCoupe is not running yet, but it's getting closer. I finally finished putting the remodeled and repaired Hemi back together last weekend. Now I just need to install it, wire the whole car, design and put together the cooling system and fuel systems, build a throttle linkage, finish the brakes, mount the radiator in the shell, mount the guages, door handles, trunk lid, seat belts, and a few more misc things, then hit the street! Plenty of time!

I even test packed the trunk.

Comment

Still in. Adding stuff and waiting on parts slowed us down. 2-3 weeks should be running. Latest change was turning 8-point into 10-point certifiable cage. That's done. Motor done. Now need trans and new K-member to be shipped.

We'll be there. Damn the torpedos. Lol
            Last edited by Deucemopar; July 19, 2017, 03:54 PM.

Comment

even if i'm firing the engine up for the first time pulling the car off the trailer on sunday for tech, i will be there.
              http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
              Join The Militia

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Walter View Post
                even if i'm firing the engine up for the first time pulling the car off the trailer on sunday for tech, i will be there.
                I hear you! Lol

Comment

Still in...although a lot further behind schedule than i anticipated. had to add IC as meth alone wasnt doing a good enough job consistently pulling IATs down....got too small of an IC, had to buy and install a bigger one. Being in Canada, everything is a logistics nightmare unless i want to get raped no lube. Went to the track twice and car runs good but have lots of issues with suspension being way off....Gotta take it to a chassis guy to dial it in. It will run a good number as it sits, but its not consistent. Started working on the trailer refurbishment, still have to get the trailer hitch installed....

Overall, a few weeks behind schedule but nothing too major.

I had a friend drop out....3rd time in 3 years he couldnt make it. First time he wiped out the lifters and cam a week before dragweek, second year he got divorced and this year he has a neck surgery that he cant reschedule...i feel real bad for the guy....just no luck.
                  Last edited by Red_Liner740; July 26, 2017, 09:46 PM.

Comment

yup we are still going!! just mounted my receiver tonite!! so now i must get the dead deer carrier and test out how much beer it will hold!! oh no i mean tires and a jack...ooops silly me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
                      I'm still in, and I guarandamtee that it will not be a parade lap this year! The HemiCoupe is not running yet, but it's getting closer. I finally finished putting the remodeled and repaired Hemi back together last weekend. Now I just need to install it, wire the whole car, design and put together the cooling system and fuel systems, build a throttle linkage, finish the brakes, mount the radiator in the shell, mount the guages, door handles, trunk lid, seat belts, and a few more misc things, then hit the street! Plenty of time!

I even test packed the trunk.

Sounds like you're all set.
                      We'll see y'all in Byron and or Da Grove.
                      Just watching this year but coming back in 18.
                      CC Nats 78, 79, 82, 83
                      Finished Drag Week 06, 07, 14, 15, 16
                      All in the same car

Comment

I am out. Oil pressure started going down. Cut open oil filter and found gold. Will try again next year.

Comment

dang...that's tough.

I first went in 2011, in my 55. Went to the strip in August to test n tune. Dropped a valve. Spent the next week fixing the motor, and overhauling the trans while I had the car apart anyways. Got it back together, took it to Vegas on a test drive (1000 mile round trip), then to the strip for another TnT, and then drove it to Topeka and finished drag week and drove home.

So....don't give up yet! you can get it done
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

i know financially if i had a large failure during testing, i'd be out. i've spent way more this year than i ever anticipated.
                            http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
                            Join The Militia

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Walter View Post
                              i know financially if i had a large failure during testing, i'd be out. i've spent way more this year than i ever anticipated.
                              Dude ain't that the truth: 2+ x budget already. Lol. 18 Aug is now our drop dead date to crank her over. But, even with all the anxiety, the car is completely done. Only the Dana 60 has not been removed or upgraded. Lol.
                              Last edited by Deucemopar; July 29, 2017, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X