Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting closer. Who is still planning on going???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still in, on the wait list. The 41 ran very good at Meltdown, but like Jim, I've got a noise in the engine. Gauges are not showing anything unusual, and it still sounds healthy. The new 434 isn't finished yet, but I guess if I had to use it, I could get it ready.
    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
    DW- 12,16,17
    "Stay thirsty my friends"
    The worlds most interesting man

Comment

my drop dead date will probably be the saturday before dragweek, lol. but yeah i'm hoping we're testing by late august.
      http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
      Join The Militia

Comment

Still on the wait list, still plan on showing up. Car runs/drives, etc. Down to some final details (IE: the list fits on 1 page), including putting long road trip miles on. Would love to make a few test passes but my schedule does not work well with every track within a 3hrs drive.

Question for wait listers of past: On crazy registration day, I assume we check in and are at the end of the line waiting to be allowed in to join the fun? Do we really NEED to be there at the crack of dawn?
        GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Been in the waiting list few times and always was inline early within the first 100 cars and they let me register
          Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
          Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

my understanding; no one has ever been turned away. that being said, they've never met the max allowable entries. there is a lot of buzz on the street regarding this year though. we'll see. if i was relying on the waiting list, i'd be there the night before, lol.
            http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
            Join The Militia

Comment

Last year I showed up around noon on tech day.I was on the wait list. I checked into registration, and was told to get the car in line after 1 pm then return to get registered. I did exactly that, and had no issue at all getting in. I was the last car tech'd at close to midnight and it was worthy every minute of it!
              HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
              DW- 12,16,17
              "Stay thirsty my friends"
              The worlds most interesting man

Comment

I'm not on the waitlist, not registered either but I always planned on showing up. I went from being about two weeks behind to being about a month behind. The good news is I really haven't spent any money.

To solve the time crunch I will have to spend money but that's fine I've budgeted for it.

I've got 16 days to an event that will be held ironically at Cordova the week before, then one week later is Sunday registration for Drag Week. I even plan on returning home to work a little bit in-between events.

So that's 22 days till drag week.

Stay tuned...

Comment

I'm ready, which kinda makes me nervous. Considering that last year, I was ordering a new block and crank, begging my engine builder to finish my motor in time. Made some test passes already. I'm going back out next week one more time, but actually driving the car to the track, making some passes, and driving back home. Looks like a 300 mile trip total. Hopefully you guys can make it. Don't give up!! I literally fixed my car, got it running the day before making the trek up to Drag Week last year.

Comment

It least I think I'm ready! This is my first DW and am totally looking forward to it. Alex, your recap on YB was all I needed to commit! I did about 600 miles on the power tour when they come through Texas last year, this year its been fresh motor, fresh trans, new hotside piping and wgates, trailer and hitch setup. recently finished up some cup holders and put in a 12v power port. Like you, I'm a little 306 but stock block, blow through deal.
                    Last edited by Kfairmont; August 15, 2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

still trying to get everything done...i did see that we are required to have a horn? no wiper requirement but ya gotta have a horn?. really......previous DW peeps how many check points do they generally have per leg? just kinda wondering? thx

Comment

Originally posted by 55chebby View Post
                        still trying to get everything done...i did see that we are required to have a horn? no wiper requirement but ya gotta have a horn?. really......previous DW peeps how many check points do they generally have per leg? just kinda wondering? thx

Yes a working horn. There are 2 checkpoints per day.

Comment

I keep doing things but then turning around and adding 2 things to the list that I either A. Didn't think about or B. Had to do i.e. Installing new driveshaft loop today because new shaft is a bigger diameter and old one has clearance issues. Going to put a solid effort in today and see if I can make some progress. Fingers crossed!!

Comment

Got the new Metco loop in today along with a couple other things. I'm happy with the way it turned out, fit great and has lots of clearance. Feels good to make some progress!!

Comment

thanks for the info Wondermut! so my next dumb question..what is the best way to strap my dr's to my cargo carrier...looks simple enough but???? i figured i would get advise from the Pro's! i'm thinking a strap on each going length wise (with the car) then maybe a strap running (side to side) to both dr's and thru the carrier?? i even thought about making a plate with a 1/2 threaded rod to go thru the rims and bolt them down...and maybe a strap too.?? idk maybe i'm over thinking this??..i just dont want any of my tires and rims rolling down the hiway without the car attached lol?..honestly i would rather just drive on my dr's the whole way?
                              Last edited by 55chebby; August 17, 2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

I understand many do the whole trip on DRs. That's the route I'm going using the MT Et street ss that have a little tread if we see any rain. I'm a noob though so don't have any first hand experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X