Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting closer. Who is still planning on going???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragweek is really starting to stress me out....just say'n.
    Though it looks like I'm probably not the only one.

Comment

I am vacillating between a small trailer and what you and Allan are doing. I've got to weight what we want to put on cargo hitch ... if it causes issue with race set up needing changes may just go with trailer. But that just seems easier way you guys have it. I just need to a couple 5 gallon fuel jugs too. Tools and rear I can fit in car.

Comment

after throwing the tires on the carrier and driving it..it seemed to drive ok, i was just paranoid about not being able to see the tires..standing them up solved that and honestly they were much more stable than i thought..i believe we are just putting tires and the jack on ours, but that could change!! lol..motor is apart, not sure if the crank is gonna make it?...and i thought i had that part figured out..LOL..and yea its all starting to stress me out!

Comment

Ah. Was wondering on stability. Glad to hear. Are you just going to drop another crank in? Understand the stress. Lol. Keep wrenching !

Comment

well that was the plan...but its now all apart..going to machine shop this morning to see if the crank is savable and decide if we need to line hone the block....either way it will probaly all be totally untested and fresh given the time frame..i can only hope that there is some good news from machine shop, but definitely not expecting it..i'm pretty bummed out but i do have an old 355 short block sitting on a stand, i might want to start looking at it? lol..i cant believe this is happening!!

Comment

Originally posted by 55chebby View Post
              well that was the plan...but its now all apart..going to machine shop this morning to see if the crank is savable and decide if we need to line hone the block....either way it will probaly all be totally untested and fresh given the time frame..i can only hope that there is some good news from machine shop, but definitely not expecting it..i'm pretty bummed out but i do have an old 355 short block sitting on a stand, i might want to start looking at it? lol..i cant believe this is happening!!
              Man that's a bummer, compared to what I've got left to do I've got it easy. I'll stop complaining now.

Comment

i still have not fired the engine, or gone through the gears on the new engine and trans. i'm wigging out. continuing to push though. i will stay true to what i said. if i don't have any testing at all under my belt, i'm still going. this is an opportunity of a lifetime. i doubt i'll be able to do this again in any of the coming few years.
                http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
                Join The Militia

Comment

Its a four hour drive one way just to watch. I haven't decided one way or the other.

Comment

Same thing Cheb and Matt. Still haven't fired it up. Lol. It what can ya do. Just keep grinding on it. Fingers crossed for ya! Hope hear good news from shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Walter View Post
                      i still have not fired the engine, or gone through the gears on the new engine and trans. i'm wigging out. continuing to push though. i will stay true to what i said. if i don't have any testing at all under my belt, i'm still going. this is an opportunity of a lifetime. i doubt i'll be able to do this again in any of the coming few years.
                      Matt, i feel exactly the same way..i'm going..not 100% sure how but i'm going, i'm doing this...this is a golden moment in life for me and i'm going!!...i have even been eyeing an old 355 short block in the corner..all worn out and begging for some action..lol ok thats plan f....its really helpful to see lots of us folks in the same boat !!..good for the mind!..so take note world we are going!!! i appreciate all words of encouragement...deep breaths Matt and Deuce..cause were going!!..hey Stu your coming along too...
                      latest update crank is toast..another one on the way to the machine shop!..hoping to get it all back before next weekend..HOPING!!...oh yeah i still have to mount a horn!!..

Comment

You guys are encouraging. I'm 100 percent in even though I've only had my car out a total of 2 times this summer, and the first short trip to a cruise night ended with me driving home foot on both brake and gas at the stop signs to keep it running, not exactly a confidence booster. Latest development, I thought that I'd just grease my wheel bearings but ended up finding a loose spinning race in one and the flexible lines to the calipers looking like they need replaced. Today picked up new rotor/hubs, bearings, hardware, calipers, and flexible lines, just gonna replace everything, unfortunately one brake hard line fitting is frozen and it looks like I'm going to have run a new hard line, and of course it happens to be the side that is opposite the master cylinder hahaha, sometimes all you can do is laugh and keep plugging away

Comment

Well I original thought I wouldn't make it. If the engine can be finished, in the car and tuned by the Sept 8th I'm going...

Comment

the list is out on hotrods sight...only 4 b-gas..i should move to b-gas..i wonder what they were running last yr for et's..i'm pretty sure i'm to slow for that class but i might fit in the criteria for that class...i assume i could switch classes?....i'm in a holding pattern on my motor..machine shops gotta do their thing!

Comment

You can switch classes on registration day. Last year B gasser ran 9.5 - 12.-5. Get r done !
                              Last edited by Deucemopar; August 23, 2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Argh, after reading the rules my 55 cant make b/gas, it has an alum. rear floor and trunk floor..dam.. it does look like i could run in a/gas tho? idk

Comment

Working...
                                X