Fuel Between Tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Between Tracks

I was wondering. Let's say my car is tuned for a specific fuel, say VP MS109E. I know the event is sponsored by Rockett brand fuel and they don't have an equivalent fuel and even if they do, is there a discount available to the competitors?

What did you guys do between tracks? Did you end up draining out the pump gas before you ran that day's time trials or did you just dump your race gas on top while calculating how much fuel you needed for the between track drive?

Where I live we don't have 93 octane (91) and I don't know how much pre-event testing I will be able to accomplish. I am using water-methanol as well, so if I don't derive a benefit from running race gas with water-methanol then this forget I even asked because the extra 2 octane points won't make that much of a difference either, I can keep my 91 + WMI tune.

But if there is an advantage do I just run on MS109E from start to finish or ?

My friend who ran in the Super Street class would drain his tank from pump gas, put some c16 and make some passes. Then repeat the same process to leave for the drive unless he didn't have a lot of c16 in the tank, then he would just drive to the nearest gas station and fuel up with pump. I run e85, I have a flex fuel sensor that my ecu adjusts the timing, fuel, and boost for the given ethanol content. So I would just put whatever was along the route which most of the time was ethanol. If I remember correctly, Rocket Brand fuel was only at the track on day 1 and day 5. So for the guys that needed fuel, they bought what they needed for the week on day 1. Maybe this year will be different tho.

Comment

I have some other things to get sorted out but I doubt I would drain tanks and such. I'll likely have a little diluted fuel but not enough to worry about it. Thanks

Comment

Fyi, I reached out to Rocket via their website and heard back from a fella named Jack Day who indicated they will be selling their fuel and lubes at all of the DW venues.

Comment

Originally posted by Kfairmont View Post
          Fyi, I reached out to Rocket via their website and heard back from a fella named Jack Day who indicated they will be selling their fuel and lubes at all of the DW venues.

this is fantastic news! did he give any sort of pricing schedule by chance? they have an oxygenated e85 that i'm interested in...
          http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
          Join The Militia

Comment

Originally posted by Kfairmont View Post
            Since Jack owns the company he should know. Great guy and big Drag Week supporter. Last year he was hobbling around on crutches after knee surgery (I think). He said missing Drag Week was not an option. In 2013 outside of Bowling Green he gave me a ride to the closest parts store to get a replacement coil after Clark's MSD coil failed.

Bill

Comment

huh, they've never had Rockett fuel at the tracks before....that I know of....

most guys carry jugs and drain out the pump gas, then fill with enough race gas to run, then drain it back out or just run it on the road.

setting your car up to run pump gas sure saves a lot of hassle.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Jim,

They have had Rocket fuel at some tracks before but never all of them. I am thinking that last year they were at National Trail and one other.

Bill

Comment

It was confirmed in our email yesterday that Rocket will be at ALL tracks!!!!

Comment

yup, that's neat.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                    X