Perseverance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perseverance

Reading the posts on here along with my own personal struggles with my car I'm starting to think of this event as a true test of patience and personal commitment to achieving a goal. There's set backs, huge money outlay, balancing family life and garage time, as well as lot of other issues that have to be overcome and that's just to get to the first track.
    What does it feel like ( or how do you think it will feel ) when you stage and leave the line at that last track?
    Last edited by Tommy71; August 25, 2017, 11:26 AM.

It feels like you've done something.

Which is a welcome change from normal day to day living.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

i can't wait to feel that.
      http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
      Join The Militia

Comment

just making it back to town and that last hotel brings a huge feeling of relief and as Jim said, sense of accomplishment. Launching the car that last day is definitely a yeeha moment. It's been 4 years since I did it in my car so I truly cannot wait to start the adventure/ torture test again.
        Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

You're right Tommy. Watching last year - then saying "I wanna do that!" Well. You gotta earn it. The old fashion way. I had not illusions it would be easy but it's a challenge. In truest sense of the word. As each day progresses my respect for all Drag Week vets increases.

Comment

When you get to the Hotel on Thursday night and when you arrive at the track on Friday every competitor that sees you will give you a thumbs up.First win is being there on Friday.

Comment

I've been dog sick with a virus for 6 days. Today, I work 15 minutes, then have to rest for 1/2 hour. Slow going, but I'm inching forward. It's going to be a miracle when I make it to Drag Week, but I'm determined.

Comment

keep after it Hemi Joel..you can do this!! i'm not having such good luck..machine shop has not given me good news...i'm pretty sure we will have no time on this motor..if it makes it at all.i could have sworn that ole worn out 355 gave me a wink today...i wish i was in the thrashing mode..but i'm in the waiting mode..its driving me nuts!!

Comment

Man Chebby, I'm routing for ya !!

Comment

Joel you got this.

Comment

Thanks. I'm feeling better now. Jeff and Mike came over tonight and helped. Progress is being made.

Comment

Great Hemi!

Comment

glad to hear it Hemi!!

Comment

keep after it Joel....
                            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

got the old girl up n running tonite!!..well Squirl ya talked me into it..i will drive to cordova about 100 miles so why not! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X