No announcement yet.

Perseverance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 miles is nothing for a Drag Week car....see you there!
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by 55chebby View Post
      got the old girl up n running tonite!!..well Squirl ya talked me into it..i will drive to cordova about 100 miles so why not! lol

SWEET!!!!!!

Comment

Yes!!!

Comment

i put my road tires on today...the extra 2 inches seems to gain my about 2-300 rpm...but i will still be hanging around 55-60mph..slow and steady!!..i still get 8-10 mpg like that lol...hope the gas stations arent to far apart!!

Comment

There are so many small towns in your part of the country, it's not an issue. Try driving across the middle of Nevada some time
            My fabulous web page

Comment

My navigator had the first of a double hip replacement done a month ago, the 41 hasn't been on the road at all this year, and only raced Meltdown in July, and the trailer isn't finished for our gear and tires....
              I'm pushing as hard as I can, as usual it will be down to the wire....
              HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
              DW- 12,16,17
              "Stay thirsty my friends"
              The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by RAIV70Judge View Post
                My navigator had the first of a double hip replacement done a month ago, the 41 hasn't been on the road at all this year, and only raced Meltdown in July, and the trailer isn't finished for our gear and tires....
                I'm pushing as hard as I can, as usual it will be down to the wire....
                Hope it all works out for you. Been waiting so long for this, hard to believe it's actually starting this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy71 View Post

Hope it all works out for you. Been waiting so long for this, hard to believe it's actually starting this weekend.

yea its nuts it will be here pretty quick..trying to wrap my mind around what to pack..lol

Comment

I had the car packed for a while....I have a bunch of stuff I take when I race, and it mostly stays either in the car, or in the garage in a pile. I have one tool box with tools I usually use when working on the car, plus a few extras for "what if". One large old metal tackle box, with lots of small parts, including ignition, valvetrain, fan and blower belts, spare fuel pump, and a lot of little hardware like nuts, bolts, screws, baling wire, hose clamps, wiring terminals, etc. Floor jack, jack stands, a few small pieces of plywood for same. Several short 2x4s and a 4x4. A milk crate with fluids, including water, oil, atf, hand cleaner, window cleaner, rainx, funnel, 12v compressor, etc. A "jeepers creepers", you can use cardboard or a Home Depot moving blanket instead. 4 way lug wrench for quick slick changes. Helmet and jacket. Slicks, which are important to have if you are not running drag radials. I also have a fire extinguisher in the car, which I take out and leave in the pits when I make a run. Glovebox has stuff in it too, like chapstick, reg/insurance papers, phone charger/cables, a few small hand tools, etc. And lots of bottles of water, and my suitcase with enough clothes to last the week.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by 55chebby View Post

yea its nuts it will be here pretty quick..trying to wrap my mind around what to pack..lol

i'm in a similar boat. i know what i normally take to the track. i'll take all of that, plus pretty much whatever else i can fit, lol!
                      http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
                      Join The Militia

Comment

Same here, gonna see just how much I can bring. I put a tire and jack in the trunk to see and it appears that I've got quite a bit of room left, and I still have the back seat. Good thing I put air bags in the coils for such an occasion hahaha

Comment

perseverence....I guess that's when your tow vehicle dies, and you stash it and the trailer and drive the race car the rest of the way. Welcome to my life.
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            perseverence....I guess that's when your tow vehicle dies, and you stash it and the trailer and drive the race car the rest of the way. Welcome to my life.
                            Drag Week, always an adventure!

Tim
                            Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                              Oh brother, The thought of having to do this has crossed my mind as my tow vehicle has almost 200,000 miles on it. Any suggestions as to where to park it for that long of a period without having issues?

Comment

I had the tow company store it. will cost a few hundred bucks to bail it out when I get back there.
                                My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X