Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made it 😃

We made it to Clinton IA....Yes!!!!

awsome!!! we will be heading out at 5am see ya there!!

Comment

Cool, looking forward to meeting ya.

Comment

Cool! We're in Clinton now too! See y'all tomorrow.

Comment

Just got to Davenport...

Comment

great! we've been in Bettendorf most of the afternoon.

even had time to wash the car after driving it 1200 miles to get here from where my truck broke in New Mexico

Click image for larger version

Name:	wash.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	423.9 KB
ID:	1173381
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'm in downtown Des Moines. I'll be there in the morning. Stoked!!!

Comment

I got registered early today, they were starting to register the wait list cars when we left around sundown. I think everyone who is there will get in. cool
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Well, we had some minor problems along the way, but we finished Dragweek 2017. Trying to explain to people how grueling this event is,even under the best of conditions is hard. Never realized how much lack of time would be a issue. My car is pretty mild compared to a lot of the other cars and it still was no cake walk, kept saying " not sure how some of the cars are making these drives" when we would hit a huge dip, or pot hole in the road. Saw and heard about people making some incredible repairs in parking lots, and on the side of the road, and that's after they somehow managed to find the parts they needed. When people congratulate me on finishing I keep telling them that it wasn't all my work, others worked harder than I did and didn't make it so I'm not taking all the credit. Did manage to average a et for the week that's about .2 seconds faster than my old personal best before last week, was really happy about that as well as finishing. Overall , got to meet a lot of cool people and it was a exciting week that I'm very appreciative to have had the chance to experience.
                  Next year? Maybe 😃

Comment

You got that right Tommy! Grueling and we had baby shit going on compared to some!

Comment

yes i have to agree!! our setup is pretty mild compared to most..at 54 yrs old it was pretty tough late in the week..i'm glad we did it in the old 55 but next time the 55 does DW someone else will be driving it! lol those seats werent very comfy!!...i was pretty sore on sunday..i think we are going to build something else maybe? DW exceded my expectations 100-fold , so many really nice people, so many bad -a cars, so many great sites and tracks!!..it was a dream of mine for a long time!!...I"M HOOKED!!!..there is no-way to explain it. you have to live it...but honestly the people make it what it is...i almost cried when we pulled into Cordova on thurs night....while i would not recommend the camping route..it was an experience!! we got to see the nova 4-door do a burn out about 100yards long while pulling a trailer...that was bad-a!! Jim, glad you guys made it home safely!! as with everyone!!

Comment

Dragweek was alot of fun, we had a few small issues through the week but none stopped us. My biggest gripe with myself was that i had never wore all the safety stuff so i was a nervous wreck the first two days. The car ended up going a 9.89 at 138 with a 1.40 60' on the footbrake at 4140 lbs. All in all i cant wait for next year, shed some weight, add some power. See if I can't get an 8 second average with ac and overdrive in an old g body.

Comment

Working...
                        X