No announcement yet.

Already planning for next year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See what happens. Should be interesting. we have no rules yet, either....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

building for 2018, ran in 2011. and shooting for quick 32. putting big fans on as heat should be my biggest issue. 'o' and horable fuel econamy

Comment

Originally posted by blown syco View Post
        building for 2018, ran in 2011. and shooting for quick 32. putting big fans on as heat should be my biggest issue. 'o' and horable fuel econamy
        Ya. Heat, especially muggy heat in SE, is a concern we have. Last year, our first year, was a gift. Temps and humidity were good. At least we’ll get to test and play this year in July and August VA. Lol.

good luck man !

Comment

we've had a couple years it was 100 degrees the first day, and 50s the last day. Never know...
          My fabulous web page

Comment

Is HR going to make a class for the no bar cars.
            Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
            Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

The rules are out...

honda-engines,headlight,engine-idle,paint,exterior,bmw,chevy-trucks,ford-engines,coupes,ram,luxury-cars,53-ls-engine,auctions,gear-guide,jeep-jl,camber,street-rodder,boss-429,4x4-truck,placeholder,plymouth,custom-trucks,vq35de,air-filter-and-intake,custom-cars,taillight,vans,hyundai,bentley,mustang-svo,instrument-panel,rear-seat,all-stars,audi,supercharger,batteries,insurance,shelby-gt,archive,rat-rod,cylinder-head,aston-martin,evtlc,car-battery,crankcase,isuzu,overland-vehicles,restomod,trunk,mustang-50,engine-drivetrain,motorcycles,mopar,vinfast,srt,chevy-43-v6,gmc,coilovers,mopar-crate-engines,off-road-truck,svod,compression-ratio,technology,muffler,supercars,pickup-truck,interviews,jdm,4l80e-transmission,jeep-yj,rear-view,refurb,jeep,4-wheel-drive,sdv,square-body-chevy,best-drivers-car,car-profiles,interior,wiring-harness,crate-engines,fisker,shelby-gt500,muscle-cars,transfer-case,body-kit,fuel-injector,bold-predictions,bollinger,efi,powerstroke,quadrajet-carburetor,chevy-nova,off-road-vehicles,products-services,alfa-romeo,turbo,43-vortec,air-compressor,polestar,cobra-jet,autonomouss-vehicles,k24-engine,vortec-heads,affiliate,side-view,winch,izmo,convertibles,wire-wheels,sedans,engine,jeep-40-engine,readers-rides,inevitable,jeep-cj,doors,hot-rod-podcast,borla-exhaust,wheel-fitment,front,small-block-chevy,comp-cams,roadkill,emissions-test,scion,road-trips,hatchbacks,beadlock-wheels,door-handle,super-chevy,lexus,4th-gen-camaro,chevy-350,motorhome,karma,military-vehicles,body-filler,paint-body,53-engine,mazda,ford-f100,atv,jeep-tj,grille,chemicals,transmission,barn-finds,museums,32-ford,custom-paint,lincoln,jeep-xj,roadster,3rd-gen-cummins,gas-engine,1st-gen-camaro,used-cars,rolls-royce,4-wheel-and-off-road,death-wobble,buyers-guide,first-test,454-engine,duramax,daewoo,design,honda,lq4-engine,327-engine,transmission-fluid,diesel-trucks,suspension,dodge-daytona,3rd-gen-camaro,mustang-2,parts,fiat,lq9-engine,tire-ratings,chevrolet,testdata,atvs-utvs,eagle,street-outlaws,diesel,restoration,shortbed,1st-gen-cummins,volvo,jdm-engines,street-freaks,oldsmobile,bumper,holley-efi,302-engine,electric-truck,infiniti,mt75,lowrider-art,camshaft,mercury,kia,maybach,fox-body-mustang,dodge,saturn,marketing,air-vents,canoo,week-to-wicked,automatic-transmission,temp-control,muncie-4-speed,wheels-tires,v8-engine,vtec,distributor-cap,classic-trucks,inevitable-landing,angular-front,motorsports,utility-trailers,steering-column,ls-engine,trucks,cummins-diesel,cadillac,55-chevy,subaru,drift-trike,jeep-jk,front-seat,disc-brake,dodge-scat-pack,general-motors,engine-build,obs-ford,t56-transmission,motortrend75,motor-oil,building-engines,horsepower-vs-torque,wheel-spacers,ford-9-inch-rear-end,chrysler,4l60e-transmission,parts-accessories,big-block-chevy,chassis,nascar,lifted-trucks,tire-reviews,sports-cars,acura,intake-manifold,bicycles,s197-mustang,maserati,2jzgte,bugatti,ls1-engine,classic-performance-products,ford-crate-engines,wheel-alignment,interior-electrical,flathead-engine,accessories,lsa-engine,60s-cars,90s-cars,buick,automotive-paint,off-roading,engine-swap,spark-plug,mini,lotus,nissan,mitsubishi,lamborghini,utv,porsche,rivian,audio-system,57-hemi,suzuki,lead,s550-mustang,289-engine,diesel-exhaust-fluid,land-rover,mclaren,car-headers,lifestyle,am-general,g-body,lucid,buying-advice,mecum,700r4-transmission,70s-cars,tri-five-chevy,80s-cars,dually,drag-racing,gasser,exhaust-manifold,351-cleveland,t5-transmission,351-windsor,products,pontiac,coda,protectants-and-wipes,angular-rear,ls3-engine,car-design,tesla,hemi-engine,door-controls,front-three-quarter,thumbnail,prerunner,awards,ford,wheel-offset,services,side-x-side,camaro-v6,sr20det,vortec-8100,front-view,hummer,smart,air-ride-suspension,56-chevy,chassis-suspension,diesel-engine,hybrids,impala-lowrider,volkswagen,history,jaguar,mercedes-benz,longbed,2nd-gen-cummins,hot-rod,chevy-chevelle,wheel-cap,international-trucks,mirror,lowrider-truck,alternator-repair,sn95-mustang,tuner-cars,gear-shift,53-vortec,classic-mustangs,car-title,dashboard,gearing-ratio,chevy-pickup,camper-van,engine-oil,chevy-305,saab,instrument-cluster,hydraulic,recreational-vehicles,ferrari,2nd-gen-camaro,engine-block,carburetor,drive-axle,4-wheel-drive-and-sport-utility,57-chevy,c4-transmission,maintenance,luxury-suv,genesis,diesel-vs-gas,coyote-engine,project-cars,electrics,lights,steering-wheel,drag-car,toyota,lowrider-bike,lowriders,suv,intellichoice,top-chop,castrol

No new classes. Any car can be a no bar car if your car is slow enough. You won't win the class.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Glad to see that they didn't stick with the proposed blowers allowed in B/Gas rule.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    The rules are out...

honda-engines,headlight,engine-idle,paint,exterior,bmw,chevy-trucks,ford-engines,coupes,ram,luxury-cars,53-ls-engine,auctions,gear-guide,jeep-jl,camber,street-rodder,boss-429,4x4-truck,placeholder,plymouth,custom-trucks,vq35de,air-filter-and-intake,custom-cars,taillight,vans,hyundai,bentley,mustang-svo,instrument-panel,rear-seat,all-stars,audi,supercharger,batteries,insurance,shelby-gt,archive,rat-rod,cylinder-head,aston-martin,evtlc,car-battery,crankcase,isuzu,overland-vehicles,restomod,trunk,mustang-50,engine-drivetrain,motorcycles,mopar,vinfast,srt,chevy-43-v6,gmc,coilovers,mopar-crate-engines,off-road-truck,svod,compression-ratio,technology,muffler,supercars,pickup-truck,interviews,jdm,4l80e-transmission,jeep-yj,rear-view,refurb,jeep,4-wheel-drive,sdv,square-body-chevy,best-drivers-car,car-profiles,interior,wiring-harness,crate-engines,fisker,shelby-gt500,muscle-cars,transfer-case,body-kit,fuel-injector,bold-predictions,bollinger,efi,powerstroke,quadrajet-carburetor,chevy-nova,off-road-vehicles,products-services,alfa-romeo,turbo,43-vortec,air-compressor,polestar,cobra-jet,autonomouss-vehicles,k24-engine,vortec-heads,affiliate,side-view,winch,izmo,convertibles,wire-wheels,sedans,engine,jeep-40-engine,readers-rides,inevitable,jeep-cj,doors,hot-rod-podcast,borla-exhaust,wheel-fitment,front,small-block-chevy,comp-cams,roadkill,emissions-test,scion,road-trips,hatchbacks,beadlock-wheels,door-handle,super-chevy,lexus,4th-gen-camaro,chevy-350,motorhome,karma,military-vehicles,body-filler,paint-body,53-engine,mazda,ford-f100,atv,jeep-tj,grille,chemicals,transmission,barn-finds,museums,32-ford,custom-paint,lincoln,jeep-xj,roadster,3rd-gen-cummins,gas-engine,1st-gen-camaro,used-cars,rolls-royce,4-wheel-and-off-road,death-wobble,buyers-guide,first-test,454-engine,duramax,daewoo,design,honda,lq4-engine,327-engine,transmission-fluid,diesel-trucks,suspension,dodge-daytona,3rd-gen-camaro,mustang-2,parts,fiat,lq9-engine,tire-ratings,chevrolet,testdata,atvs-utvs,eagle,street-outlaws,diesel,restoration,shortbed,1st-gen-cummins,volvo,jdm-engines,street-freaks,oldsmobile,bumper,holley-efi,302-engine,electric-truck,infiniti,mt75,lowrider-art,camshaft,mercury,kia,maybach,fox-body-mustang,dodge,saturn,marketing,air-vents,canoo,week-to-wicked,automatic-transmission,temp-control,muncie-4-speed,wheels-tires,v8-engine,vtec,distributor-cap,classic-trucks,inevitable-landing,angular-front,motorsports,utility-trailers,steering-column,ls-engine,trucks,cummins-diesel,cadillac,55-chevy,subaru,drift-trike,jeep-jk,front-seat,disc-brake,dodge-scat-pack,general-motors,engine-build,obs-ford,t56-transmission,motortrend75,motor-oil,building-engines,horsepower-vs-torque,wheel-spacers,ford-9-inch-rear-end,chrysler,4l60e-transmission,parts-accessories,big-block-chevy,chassis,nascar,lifted-trucks,tire-reviews,sports-cars,acura,intake-manifold,bicycles,s197-mustang,maserati,2jzgte,bugatti,ls1-engine,classic-performance-products,ford-crate-engines,wheel-alignment,interior-electrical,flathead-engine,accessories,lsa-engine,60s-cars,90s-cars,buick,automotive-paint,off-roading,engine-swap,spark-plug,mini,lotus,nissan,mitsubishi,lamborghini,utv,porsche,rivian,audio-system,57-hemi,suzuki,lead,s550-mustang,289-engine,diesel-exhaust-fluid,land-rover,mclaren,car-headers,lifestyle,am-general,g-body,lucid,buying-advice,mecum,700r4-transmission,70s-cars,tri-five-chevy,80s-cars,dually,drag-racing,gasser,exhaust-manifold,351-cleveland,t5-transmission,351-windsor,products,pontiac,coda,protectants-and-wipes,angular-rear,ls3-engine,car-design,tesla,hemi-engine,door-controls,front-three-quarter,thumbnail,prerunner,awards,ford,wheel-offset,services,side-x-side,camaro-v6,sr20det,vortec-8100,front-view,hummer,smart,air-ride-suspension,56-chevy,chassis-suspension,diesel-engine,hybrids,impala-lowrider,volkswagen,history,jaguar,mercedes-benz,longbed,2nd-gen-cummins,hot-rod,chevy-chevelle,wheel-cap,international-trucks,mirror,lowrider-truck,alternator-repair,sn95-mustang,tuner-cars,gear-shift,53-vortec,classic-mustangs,car-title,dashboard,gearing-ratio,chevy-pickup,camper-van,engine-oil,chevy-305,saab,instrument-cluster,hydraulic,recreational-vehicles,ferrari,2nd-gen-camaro,engine-block,carburetor,drive-axle,4-wheel-drive-and-sport-utility,57-chevy,c4-transmission,maintenance,luxury-suv,genesis,diesel-vs-gas,coyote-engine,project-cars,electrics,lights,steering-wheel,drag-car,toyota,lowrider-bike,lowriders,suv,intellichoice,top-chop,castrol

No new classes. Any car can be a no bar car if your car is slow enough. You won't win the class.
                    New cars will tech to 9.99 or 135mph. Thats what my sons GT was tech at in DW 16
                    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

The bro just emailed this to me

Registration date has been set......

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/hot-r...-march-3-2018/
                      Last edited by Tubbed Pacecar; February 14, 2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

yeah, we should mention that here, I suppose.

My fabulous web page

Comment

I am ready to sign up with bells on, if I get in I gota buy more blower pulleys and try to push parts out the bottom on the last day yeeee hawww!!!!!!, and I have a youngster going with me for the heavy lifting .

Comment

Well I have decided to tune on the street via email. I need to save money and for now it will get me close enough. A few places around here have inclines so I think we can get the timing really close. Boost is being increased as we watch lambda which is .82 or 12.17 AFR right now it's 23 psi/34-35 cubic feet per min. Going out to flash a new file into the car and do a datalog.

Hopefully I will hit 400+ in a few days of course won't know that without either going to the track or putting it on a dyno.However I need a clutch since the stock unit is rated around 310 lbs of torque and I can easily hit 400+ lbs of torque above 25 psi.

Next Weds Street Legal at Fontana is March 28th. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Guess it's time for an update -

I had planned on running RWRW but because my parents need us now and my sister committed to doing a contract for a company this month I had to skip it. It was going to be tough anyway but the car could have gone as-is.

According to trap speeds it's making about 340 hp. My 60 ft times which aren't good by RWD standards but decent by FWD standards have been made worse with the turbo upgrade and not for the reasons you might think.

I could go into great detail but it's just the state of modern engine control systems and there isn't a work around per-se.

I hadn't broken my personal best which happen on the stock turbo of [email protected] until last weekend at Famoso, where it ran [email protected] and then [email protected] where I short shifted 3-4 for some reason, I was neck and neck with a mild WRX. I out 60 ft him and R/T as well but he caught me by the 1000 ft mark and ran 1.2 mph better trap speed.
                              In my exuberance I tried to make the first left to get to the timing shack and messed up the sidewall on my slick. I know better and it will cost money to replace that slick, but...

Decided to try the street tires since I really never attempted a pass on them. After trying to in vain to pump my slick back up (I hadn't seen the sidewall damage yet) the car belted out [email protected]

I know radials are more efficient and the damage to the other slick has presented an opportunity. The question is will I get any track time on the drag radials before DW?
                              As of right now, I will say MAYBE.

But I need to upgrade the suspension, install the clutch and re-install the water-methanol nozzle(s). I may have time/money to do a couple of other things as well. One dilemma I have to solve is reaching the 130 mph trap speed goal I have set. I'm not too concerned about the traction/ET component because I have that sorted out once the suspension is on and set I can see where we're at and then we can make a series of adjustments to improve that.

That is why I am leaning heavily on switching to drag radials. To go my 12.97 pass it took bring the slicks down to 9 psi cold which obviously impacts trap speeds. My street tires were set at 30 psi and I didn't touch them and on average drag radials will be 18-20 psi so they should be quicker than slicks below 10 psi.

Current calculations have max trap speeds at 129 mph if I use drag radials and 127 mph if I use slicks. My 60 fts are high so I am taking that into account, as long as it hooks and doesn't drag the engine down too far low 60 ft times will improve speed not reduce it.

​​​​​​​ Stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                              X