• 2018 Dates and Locations

Per the HR live feed:
    September 9th Home Atlanta Dragway, GA
    September 10th Home Atlanta Dragway, GA
    September 11th Darlington Dragway SC
    September 12th ZMAX Dragway, NC
    September 13th Bristol Motorspeedway, TN
    September 14th Atlanta Dragway, GA
    Last edited by wondermut; December 7, 2017, 02:08 PM.

has the scoop. But the days are wrong? I hope I got it all right, because I made hotel reservations. If it is wrong, I'll have to change them.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Sorry fixed. I coped and pasted that.

Comment

what about rules

Comment

Never thought I would see the day Dragweek make it to the east coast. Time to get the 14 second car ready!
          Last edited by Russell; December 9, 2017, 09:06 PM.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Drag week has been on my long term agenda, dang I never thought it would be on the east coast! If only I had the vacation time!!
            2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

That's awesome news. In our backyard again now that Irene and I are moving from Milwaukee to Greenville SC early 2018.
              www.lowlandsXtreme.com --- Facebook: lowlandsXtreme

Comment

Originally posted by stormts71 View Post
                what about rules
                see my previous post, there's a link with the proposed 2018-2020 rules. They said they will take comments for one week, then try to get them finalized by the end of the month..

My fabulous web page

Comment

??? But no mention of what day/date Registration will be opened up?

Comment

they said it should be around March, I think. Same as always....although we know that it is not always the same...

I have a golden ticket, so I'm not too worried about it.
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

thanks Squirrel , see what comes of this . Not seein much chatter about the rules .

Comment

Registration is usually the first weekend of March, they will probably announce it early next year. I got my hotels booked, and rule request submitted. I think today was the cut off. Don't expect much to change, there is some debate over running methanol, also for the Street Race guys (myself included), trying to get the rule changed so we can run our a/w tanks in the trunk/hatch area vs in the engine compartment.
                        Copied this from their site :
                        Brief rundown of changes:
                        • Added Monte Smith memorial award for Quickest Nitrous Car
                        • Clarified that both NHRA and IRHA licenses may be required depending on the track
                        • Valve covers now sealed to heads in sealed engine class
                        • Rainout contingency up to race director, Saturday not guaranteed
                        • Tire examples updated
                        • Car count not restricted to 350, but will be set each year
                        • Modified Class removed and incorporated into Super Street with these changes:
                          • Suspension restrictions removed
                          • Stock appearing dash no longer required
                          • Fenders may be made of non-metal material
                        • Tire width cutoff changed from 11.25 inches to 11.5 for Pro Street, Super Street, Street Race and Gasser:
                          • Above 11.5″ – Pro Street
                          • Below 11.5″ – Super Street, Street Race, Gasser
                        • Window supports visibility restriction removed in Ultimate Iron, Super Street, B/GAS
                        • B/Gas
                          • Windows restriction changed
                          • Framerails restriction changed
                          • Non-screw type Roots supercharger permitted up to 8-71

Comment

New to the site, and trying to get into Drag Weeks for the first time, have a question, how early do most of you try to book your motels?

Comment

Now, book your hotels now. One less thing you'll have to do as you thrash to get the car done before the event.
                            GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

about ten minutes after they announced it. But it really doesn't make too much difference, I've always been able to find rooms, some times it's a 20-30 minute drive to the track but that's not a big deal.
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X