No announcement yet.

Who's in? Who got shut out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The highlight of HRDW '18 for me was a side-trip to Darlington Raceway (the storied NASCAR superspeedway) which eventually culminated in a 90+ mph ride in the pace car around the high-banks (and a complementary Bojangles Southern 500 hat) . . . . Loved that SC hospitality!

The Official site of Darlington Raceway. Find information on Nascar races, Darlington race tickets, race schedules, standings, motorsports news and track information.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post
      The highlight of HRDW '18 for me was a side-trip to Darlington Raceway (the storied NASCAR superspeedway) which eventually culminated in a 90+ mph ride in the pace car around the high-banks (and a complementary Bojangles Southern 500 hat) . . . . Loved that SC hospitality!
      I see how it is keeping the good stuff to your self. have you started working on "plan A" for '19 yet?
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

I haven't even got my trailer fully cleaned out yet (much less tackled all the paying work that piled up while I was gone) . . . Like Squirrel, I also needed a few days of extra sleep to recover from driving 3,400+ miles in a week . . . .

A co-worker this week couldn't understand my lack of sympathy for the co-worker's need to call the motor club to change a tire . . .I did forty tire changes last week . . . .

Comment

I got Dan my copilot to do all of mine!
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I only drove ~1500 miles last week and I have not un packed the trailer either. Yeah 40 tire changes in the week as well. Next year I am going to take the weight and run the front street tires on the track. I have an extra set of skinnies I an going to post WTT for some a little wider to run something like a 205? Should have a ok contact patch, save a couple pounds and be ok in the rain?

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

i have 165/80R15 on this car, had them on my 55 also when I ran it, no problems.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                i have 165/80R15 on this car, had them on my 55 also when I ran it, no problems.
                They seem to lock up easy on my car. I guess I just don't trust them.

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

About half the time I forget the frontrunners are on the car and nearly rip 'em off the rim turning onto the return road . . . . I absolutely would understeer or slide into something running them on the street. Besides, I don't want to be "that guy" that's always blocking the fun on the mountain roads

Comment

Well, I haven't talked to the bro about total mileage travelled since he got back, but I did do a mapquest to figure out how far the trek from Edmonton to Atlanta was, and it gave me two different routes, one was just over 2500 miles, the other just over 2600 miles, the ironic part is, the difference in travel time between the two routes was only a couple minutes??
                    So, just to get there and back, he's over 5K miles, then there's the miles on the car between tracks. He was trailering the car there & back though, while Pat Myker in his Procharged BBC/Lenco Chevelle is almost 5 hours further north (just west of Grande Prairie, AB), and he DROVE the car both ways, as did Rich Guido in his GTO, and he's an hour and a half south in Red Deer.

James

Comment

• If we go to HRDW 2019 it will be a 1200 mile tow one way for us. That is enough to make us wonder about not going. Then I think of Rich and Pat and feel like a real wus!

Comment

• yeah, we can drive two days to Tulsa and meet up with you for the little cruise the rest of the way east
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                        X