Well, that was quick. Again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, that was quick. Again.

Another race to race. Who got in and who got treed?

My son made it in.

Comment

I am in!
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

I made it too
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'm in again.

I must hate money.

Drag Week 2014 Broke down on the drive to Tulsa https://www.bangshift.com/forum/core...y-angry019.gif
          Drag Week 2015 Street Machine Eliminator Finished
          Drag Week 2016 out day one, better luck next year I hope
          Drag Week 2017 out day one second pass trans went, next year in question https://www.bangshift.com/forum/core...y-angry034.gif

Comment

Congratulations to all those with fast internet and good entry strategies. DW is a fun thing that every grassroots street-strip racer ought to try at least once.

The "secret" members-only FB page really guts the excitement for this forum, though . . . .

I've got to admit, though, that I didn't even have a slight tinge of regret at not lining up for the annual "land rush" signup . While I was initially a little disappointed that the sponsored ride deal I pitched didn't close, I'm surprisingly copasetic with not running DW in 2019. Maybe the thrill is gone.

Onward to other challenges . . . .

Comment

I'm in too. I got in at 4min+. If it goes any faster I am going to have to hire a better laptop driver! Hope to be there in my '65 BBF Mustang this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post
                Congratulations to all those with fast internet and good entry strategies. DW is a fun thing that every grassroots street-strip racer ought to try at least once.

The "secret" members-only FB page really guts the excitement for this forum, though . . . .

I've got to admit, though, that I didn't even have a slight tinge of regret at not lining up for the annual "land rush" signup . While I was initially a little disappointed that the sponsored ride deal I pitched didn't close, I'm surprisingly copasetic with not running DW in 2019. Maybe the thrill is gone.

Onward to other challenges . . . .
                I understand how the feelings change over time. Look forward to hearing about the next challenge. Maybe get the tbird going and you will want to rejoin the chase.

I wish Facebook was more like forums. There is no organization, having to scroll through post you have already read or don't care about really takes the fun out for me.

JP has already said there is no way it will be close enough for you to go next year. We will see where it is but it sounds like an up hill battle.

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post

I understand how the feelings change over time.
                  Feelings (or as novelist Kurt Schlichter sometimes writes "feelz") sometimes change with the cash flow. No bucks, no burnouts (with apologies to the late Tom Wolfe) . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

Feelings (or as novelist Kurt Schlichter sometimes writes "feelz") sometimes change with the cash flow. No bucks, no burnouts (with apologies to the late Tom Wolfe) . . . .
                    Very true, DW is not a cheap event entry fee, gas, food, lodging can add up fast. That doesn't account for consumables and breakage.

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

The T-Burd is ready but my son Jim and I will not be going this year.Son Beep said he might go just to watch.

Comment

building a car can cost a bit, too. Any car that you already have, is highly unlikely to be competitive these days.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I didn't make it-I'm on the wait list.......
                          HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                          DW- 12,16,17
                          "Stay thirsty my friends"
                          The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            building a car can cost a bit, too. Any car that you already have, is highly unlikely to be competitive these days.
                            That's a good point. I don't even think about being competitive, just finishing. I wonder what the least expensive top three car was last year?

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post

That's a good point. I don't even think about being competitive, just finishing. I wonder what the least expensive top three car was last year?
                              I'm kind of jaded on the cost issue. For some folks in the business who are burning their own skilled time and using business tax write-offs and shop equipment and stockpiled parts, their claims of "cost" are bogus.

Somebody theoretically could win the bracket class for very low money if they thought out-of-the-box and did all their own fab work (and by "out-of-the-box" I'm talking something purpose-built that would be punishing on the in-transit stages in the range of 1,500 lbs curb weight, ~4-5 pounds per cheap horsepower, and non-stock-based shell) .

The more rules, safety gear, and higher the speeds, generally the costs go way, way up.

And if you have to hire anyone to do anything for your "build" . . . the costs are generally ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X