No announcement yet.

Well, that was quick. Again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expect that if you can get into the top 3 for under 100k you'd be doing real well (accounting for all costs realistically)
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      I expect that if you can get into the top 3 for under 100k you'd be doing real well (accounting for all costs realistically)
      Not top three over all, top three of any class? The answer might not change...
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

top three of any class, yeah, that would change quite a bit.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Still licking my wounds from carnage and bad decisions in DW2017, i made the leap and will be going this year. I managed to even register in the first 2 minutes.

i tend to agree about the facebook "members only" deal....seems a small crowd of drag week veterans have an awful lot of self righteousness these days, peering down their noses at anyone trying to have their own piece of the pie...makes it really hard to come in as a new-comer and feel accepted into the family that existing members brag so much about.

unless future drag weeks are as close as this year's will be for me, this will likely be my last attempt.
          http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
          Join The Militia

Comment

For me it won't get any closer unless they do Texas/Oklahoma again which is burning hot in the late summer.

Anyway, I have a plan that is fleashed out but needs funding.

I don't think you need $100k to compete in SME, especially FWD.

I'm going to do it for under $5000 including on-site entry, stay tuned.

Comment

The $100k estimate was to get too three overall. There was a guy last year that had a nice tubro ls fox that could have been yours for 25k. He made it to the bracket race on Friday. A 10.0x bracket car can be build for less. Knowing how to tune it is required to win.

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

I built a 10.0x gasser for 15k....you should be able to build a 10.0 SME car for under 10k without too much trouble. 5k would require some effort, but definitely doable. I hope to see it in September!
                Last edited by squirrel; March 14, 2019, 07:43 AM.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

Any word on when pre-register will be for 2020?

Comment

not yet.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Can someone give me the nickel version of how sign ups work? Is the form released ahead of time and you just have to submit it at a split second after whatever time/day they give? I made it into Pinks All Out 3x, so I am familiar with landslide registration, I just need to know how much has to be done "in the moment". Sometimes, the entry form is released simultaneously with registration opening so it literally comes down to typing speed.

My Dad and I are really interested and in a position to pull if off this year if we can get past registration. If not, Rocky Mountain Race Week it is.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 67Charger View Post
                        Can someone give me the nickel version of how sign ups work? Is the form released ahead of time and you just have to submit it at a split second after whatever time/day they give? I made it into Pinks All Out 3x, so I am familiar with landslide registration, I just need to know how much has to be done "in the moment". Sometimes, the entry form is released simultaneously with registration opening so it literally comes down to typing speed.

My Dad and I are really interested and in a position to pull if off this year if we can get past registration. If not, Rocky Mountain Race Week it is.

Thanks!
                        As a rookie in 2017, I believe we registered with some company that must handle registration first. On the given time Registration opened it was the free for all. The first registration was weeks before IIRC?? With that said,I was a rookie and it was all new and crazy for me. Anyone please feel free to correct what I remember , as thats pretty foggy! lol

Comment

does anyone remember when they will post the link for registration? I'm a little foggy on that part!

Comment

Originally posted by 55chebby View Post
                            does anyone remember when they will post the link for registration? I'm a little foggy on that part!
                            2-22-2020

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

the link has already been posted, but you need to wait until 9 AM Pacific time this Saturday for it to go "live" (unless you placed last year, and hot rod sends you a code)

Last edited by squirrel; February 17, 2020, 07:09 AM.
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

Squirrel,

Where did that link come from? I wonder if it is the same link that will go active Saturday or if that is exclusively for the early guys and a new one will be posted at the appointed time.

I did manage to secure 2 spots in Rocky Mountain Race week for my dad and I, out of the only 90 available after preregistration was done. Their website had huge issues and it had to be shut down and restarted 3 times. I made it through on the first wave, actually got 3 and got the extra refunded and released for someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X