• Early registration 2021 open soon?

I hear some folks got an email....
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

rumor is that it will open to everyone on May 15
    My fabulous web page

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up. I still havent gotten anything yet? I will make sure to post up when I do. Thanks for the info!

Comment

A Dragweek FYI...If you booked a room at Econo lodge at 342 Milan Ave, U.S. 250 North, Norwalk, Ohio 44857, you had better check your reservation. I just got as call from this hotel and there was a "GLITCH". Myself and 15 other folks that booked a room for Sept 13th there, DONT have a reservation after all! I did just book another room but better double check!

Comment

I got the email yesterday, but no-link lol

Comment

Registration complete!! Got the link today and got it done!!

Comment

First time drag weeker, Rooms booked using Anthony travel services, now to try to get into drag week...
              As quick as it sold out last year, and with 2020 participants getting first dibs... I fear my chances my be even slimmer than usual...

Comment

I take it the way dragweek works is controlled chaos... but I would love to know what is happening regarding registration for the newbies like myself... Hope some info surfaces soon! squirrel I stayed close to the pc and cell phone all day Saturday (May15th) lol....

Comment

I heard a rumor that some of the folks on the wait list, with low numbers, got emails with a link to let them register. I'm a higher number, so I probably won't make it.

Controlled chaos? I think that's being generous...
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    I heard a rumor that some of the folks on the wait list, with low numbers, got emails with a link to let them register. I'm a higher number, so I probably won't make it.

spectator from a decade ago, have to agree. Good times.

Then again, those guys adore you. For somewhat obvious reasons. All you have to do it show up. My remember thing doesn't work as well and my magazine stash got purged, but didn't this start out as invitational pump gas drags? Either way, they'll make a spot for your stuff. Real deal is still what HRM wants to be about in spirit. If they forget that, I'll forget them.

Meanwhile, has anybody, ever, actually been turned away?
                    Last edited by Beagle; May 17, 2021, 05:40 PM.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

No one has ever been turned away, because they've always had fewer than 400 cars actually show up. We keep hoping more folks will have their act together, and try to get in by being there on registration day, but so far it hasn't happened.. Which is probably good, since it would really suck to show up and not be able to race.
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post

Curious,what spot are you on the waitlist?

Comment

I think I'm in the 700s, I didn't sign up right away like I should have.

I expect that there will be no open registration this year....oh, well. Show up and hope for the best.
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

So, assuming the number in the code was representative of my spot on the wait list, I was #56. I received an email Friday (as stated on HRM's website) and finished the signup.

(BTW, I've followed every post here since 2014. Sorta disappointed to see the drop-off in participation.)

Comment

thanks for the info....have fun on Drag Week this year!

btw if you are concerned about the drop off in participation, there's something you can do....participate more!
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X