Just Showing Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Showing Up?

Because both Race Week 1.0/2.0 registration went by in a flash, nearly everybody showed up, took everybody on the waiting list and took people who just showed up as well. They ran out of stickers and shirts for 1.0.

That got me thinking about just showing up. I think it will be Race Week 2.0 mostly because I don't think I'll have a car that runs 10.5 or faster for Drag Week's Street Machine Class so Race Week Index classes look like the answer.

I am on the waitlist for both events so if I show up I should be allowed in.

Thoughts?

I can't tell what events you're talking about here....where are you going to just show up?

For Drag Week this year, my guess is they're gonna have more "just show up" cars than they ever have. We'll see what happens.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      I can't tell what events you're talking about here....where are you going to just show up?

For Drag Week this year, my guess is they're gonna have more "just show up" cars than they ever have. We'll see what happens.
      Thanks Squirrel, sorry if you misunderstood.

I am looking at Rocky Mountain Race Week 2.0 which will be run right down the center of the country; Texas, Oklahoma (Noble and Tulsa), Kansas and back to Oklahoma.

Agreed that all these events will be oversubscribed. Rocky Mountain Race Week 1.0 this week started with 320 cars, looks like is down to just under 300 tonight's racing at Bandimere.

I am on the waitlist for 2.0
      Last edited by DjFourmoney; June 15, 2021, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Now I get it, thanks.

Good to see so many cars turning out for it. Hope you get in....
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I think I am on the waiting list for RMRW 2.0 but they have never verified that I am on the list. I was on the waiting list for Hot Rod Drag Week this year. They did contact me that I could enter but I decided not to participate. I have my truck set up to run an index class in RMRW. Hopefully I will get to go.

Comment

I am on the waiting list for 2.0, finalizing my setup. Don't know if I'll have another chance to test locally, which is why I am leaving early and going to run TNT at Noble Friday Night.

Adding a small shot of nitrous to overcome the bad DA that has slowed the car down up to 3 tenth/3 mph or 30 hp and just to run faster than it's current best of 13.77@103. I want to run 13.0 Index not 14.0, I could have taken the car as-is to do that as the majority of time slips are 14.0-14.1 as my 60ft times are bad (1.96-2.1 typically) and impacted by prep more than anything.

Going to take one more stab at getting the 60 ft times down. If not I'll just have to live with it, but I think a hit from the bottle and minor weight reduction should have it running 13.0-13.1

Comment

Working...
            X