Memphis and Drag Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis and Drag Week

I live fairly close to Memphis and race there somewhat often, the rumor that seems to be fact is that Memphis is closing in May. Has anyone else seen anything about this and what Hot Rod is going to do if it ceases to be in operation.

Hey Todd, I believe I met you on Drag Week 2011 or 2012. From what I saw on another site it looks like they may just run one of the other tracks twice, but everything is still up in the air.
    Last edited by prostreet34; April 7, 2022, 05:41 PM.
    2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
    2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
    all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

yea i had a blue and pearl white 55 first series chevy pu, ran pro street n\a 2008,2011,2012,won it in 2008, was going to do it again, wrecked the truck several years ago but I guess if you aint on facebook there's no way to know about registering so im on stand by, dont know if they let past champions have any sort of provisional but o-well. But from what i hear Memphis is well on its way to being a scrapyard sort of a copart type deal.

Comment

Cant just do a track twice, Memphis is where we tech in, race first and last. They’ll have to make a new schedule all together. I wrote hotrod and they could only tell me they’re working on it.

Comment

They just posted that they’re IHRA season ends on May 7, so that doesn’t look good

Comment

its all changed now! No Memphis.

Comment

HOT ROD Drag Week 2022
              • Registration, Tech Day, and Test 'n' Tune: Sunday, September 18 - World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, Illinois.
              • Racing Day 1: Monday, September 19 - World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, Illinois.
              • Racing Day 2: Tuesday, September 20 - Lucas Oil Raceway Park, Indianapolis, Indiana.
              • Racing Day 3: Wednesday, Sept. 21 - Byron Dragway, Byron, Illinois.
              • Racing Day 4: Thursday, Sept. 22 - Cordova Dragway, Cordova, Illinois
              • Racing Day 5: Friday, Sept. 23 - World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, Illinois.

Comment

Working...
              X