Drag Week Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Week Accessories

I know I'm not a participant and with the four squids, I probably never will be. It might not even be my place to throw this out there, but...

For all the money and fab that goes into one of these rides, can't they at least put a little thought and effort into the trailer. I mean the car is so nice and they drag the most god-awful trailer. Anyone else notice this?

I tried to post a pic then I shrunk it and tried again but it is giving me a too large/contact admin.
    Rich

sigpic

Re: Drag Week Accessories

Originally posted by TexasT

For all the money and fab that goes into one of these rides, can't they at least put a little thought and effort into

the trailer.

I mean the car is so nice and they drag the most god-awful trailer. Anyone else notice this?

With "X" amount of money, the #1 priority "eats" first,
    e.g., arriving to participate safely w/a competitive car.

Should've seen some of the trailers & car-haulers used
    by some of the biggest names in drag racing history until
    they finally had enough sponsorship $$ to afford better.

As long as the trailer is safe, style/size is secondary. --

Comment

about the last thing to be concerned about at Drag Week, when competing, is how the trailer looks. I think parish8 takes the cake for ugly trailers on drag week 05. But, he won his class, and the trailer's contents kept at least three other cars in the hunt during the week, including the overall winner Carl Scott!! (he needed some "electrical supplies" here it comes ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

-scott
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I think those two comments just about sums it up for you.

Comment

Scott,

The best part of the 05' trailer were the 50 gallon drums of race fuel that were cleverly disguised with a tarp. It craked me up that week to see the truck unhook and the hand pump come out. I'm sure the DOT may have been interested if those babies were in the open...he he.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

ehhh, not sure what yer talkin about brian ;)
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I thought mine was nice for a 1 day project.

Doc has been working on his, and the packing speed will pick up a lot this year for him. A set up a lot like mine, with a BIG RED : Box and losing the tarp and tail gate.
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

The new aluminum red powder coated box will be light, water tight, secure with double key locks and much quicker with the entry and exit times at each track. I believe it will also offer good visibility for any sponsors i.e. CSR or any one else contemplating the supply of gratus go fast parts.
                I think this year at each drag strip I will change out the Missouri license plate for a HOTROD tag and maybe the third try will actually get me a photograph published of an actual competition pass. Just a myth as far as readers are concerned that my car has ever gone down the drag strip on drag week ;D.

Comment

My Harbor Freight special pulled really nice behind my Corvette running 140 through Iowa :o Ask Tommy or Paul about it. :D

Comment

Originally posted by TexasT
                    I know I'm not a participant and with the four squids, I probably never will be. It might not even be my place to throw this out there, but...

For all the money and fab that goes into one of these rides, can't they at least put a little thought and effort into the trailer. I mean the car is so nice and they drag the most god-awful trailer. Anyone else notice this?

I tried to post a pic then I shrunk it and tried again but it is giving me a too large/contact admin.
                    Wow man, so what size skirt do you wear?

Comment

A nice trailer does not lower your ET, but as we found out with Docs slow loading trailer, it may help you have a quicker start to the next track, in case you have to pull the motor and rebuild it, or some other minor thing that pops up. ;)
                      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Is someone dragging a piece of toilet paper out of the bathroom on the heal of their shoe? ;D

Comment

Again, I'm not baggin' on what people make work. If it gets you and your stuff from A to B then it's all good. It's just that the cars seem so nice in the pix. I used to carry my sticky tires and floor jack in the trunk to the strip so I know what budget racin' is about.
                          Rich

sigpic

Comment

Ev Bernados flourescent green tarp on his trailer was all that kept me awake!Not pretty but very fuctional.

Comment

I have been eyeing the harbor freight trailers and a big plastic box for this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X