Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who is ready?

Slimbo5- nice car. Looks really neat.

Eddie- does the .030" make that much difference? Are they hitting the rockers or something?

Joe Barry- step it up man! Yours is THE car I want to see next week. Can you get the fenders on that thing for the exhaust?

As for me- I had another transmission cooler fan go bad- only has an hour of run time on it. New one on order. Otherwise, the truck is done. It is going to be shiny- not fast- but very orange and shiny. Just hoping it will hold together for the entire trip.

I haven't been down a race track in nearly 15 years, so me and the truck may go down it backwards! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by RR
      Slimbo5- nice car. Looks really neat.

Eddie- does the .030" make that much difference? Are they hitting the rockers or something?

Joe Barry- step it up man! Yours is THE car I want to see next week. Can you get the fenders on that thing for the exhaust?

As for me- I had another transmission cooler fan go bad- only has an hour of run time on it. New one on order. Otherwise, the truck is done. It is going to be shiny- not fast- but very orange and shiny. Just hoping it will hold together for the entire trip.

I haven't been down a race track in nearly 15 years, so me and the truck may go down it backwards! ;D
      Hey, I want to see THAT!!!! :o :o :o :o

That is without any torn up equipment.. Bring a change of panties, you may need that. ;D

As far as the springs, they don't fit in the spring cups... I have no idea what 1.775 springs are, cause mine are 1.75, which is 1 3/4", pretty standard stuff for junk at my level.

I'll sort it out tomorrow.. They will have to overnight something to me, cause I ain't waiting till friday in hopes they show up.. Does not take long to change out springs with the LSM tool, it makes easy work of it, even with over 800 pounds of open pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Barry
        Getting closer.............

I'll give you a shout Wed or Thursday to see how things sit.-Don

Comment

I definately have alot more respect for all you guys in the fast cars. Tried to make mine fast this year with a 6-71 supercharger and it went lean and melted a piston on it's first pass. So I put the old engine back in and 2 Fridays ago it broke a crankshaft on the test drive. Now back in slow mode I am broken. Brought a block to the machine shop that day and got it back Thursday, built it Thurs night, installed it Friday and got it running Saturday. Lots of problems Saturday consisting of a rearend swap, 5 starters, and a borrowed set of tires. Managed to drive it 100 miles and did some 1/8 mile racing Yesterday. I am almost ready, just need new tires by saturday and maybe a 1/4 mile test and tune tomorrow. Anyway all said and done my car only runs high 11's to low 12's. I am going to make it to try hold my daily driver title but my real reason for going is to watch all you other crazies tear up your cars! I can't wait!

Comment

G, If it weren't for bad luck....

Comment

my plan is to bring lots of spares and not need any of it! lol

"Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Ok, so I got the spring situation straightened out.. Seems Comp decided to change the spring in the box, instead of changing the part number.. So what we have is the spring that used to be with this part number has gotten a NEW number.. Go figure that one out!!! :P

So now I got an overnight charge and the RIGHT springs coming for tomorrow... Sometimes this shit really pisses me off!

Comment

Working...
                X